Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slipstream wheels are all left-handed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slipstreams are not symmetrical and they all go one way. I will call this left handed because it means that on the left hand side of the car they pass through the air from narrow edge to wide edge. On the right hand side they pass from wide edge to narrow, seemingly not so slippery to the air as on the other side. Wish I could get a set of right-handed ones.

Organic chemists would designate these as the S-stereoisomer. The study of chemical chirality has ruined the aesthetic.

Honestly the best Tesla wheel is the original 19" 5x2 spoked wheel.
Arachnids are pretty nice too, if you can get your hands on them.

I agree. My Model S had those which is why we upgraded to the Helix wheels when we got the Model X. It's hard to believe those Model S original wheels were standard and I was surprised to have to pay $2500 extra for essentially the same wheels.

Slipstreams are not symmetrical and they all go one way. I will call this left handed because it means that on the left hand side of the car they pass through the air from narrow edge to wide edge. On the right hand side they pass from wide edge to narrow, seemingly not so slippery to the air as on the other side. Wish I could get a set of right-handed ones.

Organic chemists would designate these as the S-stereoisomer. The study of chemical chirality has ruined the aesthetic.
Yes sir! I was shocked to find such oversight by people that send astronauts to space. The weeks should have been manufactured with that in mind and clearly marked for installers to keep the location and rotation in mind when mounting tires. Our tesla model X and S are full of surprises, mostly pleasant with a few disappointments. At this time my Swedish Repair shop and tech support need to become more seasoned and customer oriented not just over the phone but while performing the fixes and delivery. I am offering my patience and respect at this time and hope to get results. Sincerely, Mike

Yes sir! I was shocked to find such oversight by people that send astronauts to space. The wheels should have been manufactured with that in mind and clearly marked for installers to keep the location and rotation in mind when mounting tires. Our tesla model X and S are full of surprises, mostly pleasant with a few disappointments. At this time my Swedish Repair shop and tech support need to become more seasoned and customer oriented not just over the phone but while performing the fixes and delivery. I am offering my patience and respect at this time and hope to get results. Sincerely, Mike