Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slipstream Wheels vs Rial Luganos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am dredging up an old post (from 2015) but with a slightly different angle on the difference between the 19" OEM Slipstream and 19" Rial Lugano rims.

There were discussions about using this rim for winter snows and most of the comments were favorable. Last year I got a used set of snows and the Lugano rims were what the owner bought. I must admit I like this gunmetal color better on my blue MS and am considering swapping them - use the slipstream on my snows (4 months/year) and the Luganos with the Eagles.

Looking at the specs for both I see the Lugano weighs in at 32.0 lbs vs "29" for the OEMs and the Lugano has a 32mm offset vs 40 on the Slipstream. Three pounds (each) seems like I am going to take a hit in both performance (heavier rim/slower 0-60, right?) and economy (want max range/fill). Was wondering if some of those folks from 2015 are still on this board and might be able to weigh in on these parameters.

Also, I am wondering about the offset. The OEMs are 19x8.0 and the Lugano are 19x8.5. I assumed that the offset is due to this difference, but 8mm between the two seems more than what was needed (0.5 inches is 12.7mm /2 to center is 6.3mm) so I am guessing the tires will stick out more. Any thoughts on if this will impact driving dynamics (either good or bad) or wheel alignment (or is it too small to even worry about)?

Thanks.

Also, I am wondering about the offset. The OEMs are 19x8.0 and the Lugano are 19x8.5. I assumed that the offset is due to this difference, but 8mm between the two seems more than what was needed (0.5 inches is 12.7mm /2 to center is 6.3mm) so I am guessing the tires will stick out more.

This website is ideal for these sorts of calculations: https://www.willtheyfit.com

In this case, it says the outer rim will poke out 14.4 mm more than before. That's only 0.57 inch, so the difference would be pretty minimal.

Happy Rial Lugano OEM center cap owner here, two pairs now. Got rid of all others.

In black they look awesome, they only had silver when I last balded my summer tires, so I got these for summers.

No issues at all and look fantastic.

Tesla caught on and raised center cap prices from $5 to $25 a cap about two years ago.

Make sure to get Bimecc or similar color matching lug covers, with the extraction tool they make potential thieves really have a hard job.

Happy Rial Lugano OEM center cap owner here, two pairs now. Got rid of all others.

In black they look awesome, they only had silver when I last balded my summer tires, so I got these for summers.

No issues at all and look fantastic.

Tesla caught on and raised center cap prices from $5 to $25 a cap about two years ago.

Make sure to get Bimecc or similar color matching lug covers, with the extraction tool they make potential thieves really have a hard job.

I got the matching lugnuts but no centers and both Rial and Tesla were ridiculous on price so I printed up some out of ABS at a local community color for free. Sprayed them black then clear coated them. Worked fine last winter. Any info on how much of a mileage hit you took?

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 121
  • snowrims.jpg
    snowrims.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 102