Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slipstreams to Arachnids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
94B5A9FB-7173-4882-B3AF-AC99E7161ECF.jpeg
I had mine powder coated black. I cannot tell you how much I love the new look.

sweet sweet pictures guys - thanks for sharing. I am so split between selling the arachnids (ready for ordering), and keeping them. Ah - someone take them from me (offer me close to $4K and stop my painful condition :)). I had just got satin-black power coated slipstreams when my 3rd referral worked out - think of timing :-(. If I keep the arachnids, they will get satin black power coating (& the calipers in red - when calipers get that much exposure with the arachnids).

sweet sweet pictures guys - thanks for sharing. I am so split between selling the arachnids (ready for ordering), and keeping them. Ah - someone take them from me (offer me close to $4K and stop my painful condition :)). I had just got satin-black power coated slipstreams when my 3rd referral worked out - think of timing :-(. If I keep the arachnids, they will get satin black power coating (& the calipers in red - when calipers get that much exposure with the arachnids).

Mount the Arachnids and go for a drive ... you will thank me later :cool:

My Arachnids are still in processing, but once I get them, I'll definitely put them on as well. My wife doesn't understand why I wouldn't sell them for some extra cash, but I'd rather enjoy my referral prize first

After the tires are worn out I'll have to face the decision of coughing up the higher price for wear-prone 21"s or if I'll go back to 19"s. I do about 20k miles per year and I couldn't justif a set of 21" tires every year. But before that happens, I'll enjoy them thank you very much :)

Reactions: phaduman
No one really knows what the tire wear will be on the new arachnids. I can only imagine it will be much less than with the very heavy turbines. Either way, I just spent $3K plus on a set of wheels and tires I did NOT need; love the look, the performance and the lack of others having the spiders (at least in New England).

A pair of new rear tires annually will be a small price to pay. Or, like xveys, I can always go back to the 19s.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911 and DIL
I'm really regretting turning down the opportunity to buy a new set for $2k. Did I make the wrong move? Should I try and see if I can still get the deal?! I was concerned about the cost of having to replace the bigger tires more often. Just a cost of doing business I'll have to live with?

I'm really regretting turning down the opportunity to buy a new set for $2k. Did I make the wrong move? Should I try and see if I can still get the deal?! I was concerned about the cost of having to replace the bigger tires more often. Just a cost of doing business I'll have to live with?

$2k for a complete set (rims and tires) is a heck of deal! You have to make your own call on what you want to invest in but that is a great price to get started at.

Reactions: Manzacoty
Got mine installed last Friday. Tesla sent a ranger and installed them at home.
First I notice they brought a square st up 245 all around, mentioned that to the ranger and he agreed I should have gotten 265s on the back... guy called the closest sc and within 1hr I had the correct rear wheel/tire pkg delivered and installed.
Love the look

Good luck Stan. I imagine it will be a fairly straightforward process. As I was getting the rims powder coated at the same time I went ahead and had them do the painting. Well, that, and an inability to paint within the lines since about 1st grade

I have always liked the look of the painted calipers. These are my first and combined with the arachnids, well, the look is stunning.

Good luck and post some pics!

Beautiful shots of the spiders! Soon they should be all over as prices are starting to come down. So many zero replies on tesla marketplace at $3500 plus, and people are selling at $3200 and below with shipping included. So excited for warmer weather in CT to bring it out AND paint the calipers.

What a lovely set of light and forged wheels!