Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slipstreams to Arachnids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the arachnids put on. HUGE difference in the look; I get why people like the full wheel well look. Wheel comes way out compared to slipstreams, so rash is a concern, but worth every penny. Not enough noticeable difference in ride, but car handles like it is on rails. All in all, glad I got the larger sneakers, but will keep the chromed 19 inch slipstreams for backup.

The Arachnids are definitely more noisy than the 19's is my experience. The 19's were also a softer ride which I do sometimes miss.

Overall the looks of the car with these wheels more than makes up for its downside.

Not sure if anyone has bent an arachnid yet?

I'm in the middle of this process right now. Had to (?!?) powder coat the Arachnids first...and get the calipers painted. What tires will you use? Suspect that will make a difference. I'm taking a shot at the Falken 510s. I am also going to hold on to the 19s but think the 21s will be great.

IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG

#Flatsix911, thanks for the info. I will give it a try. Is there a Tesla tutorial that did not come with my model s, or are you just very bright when it comes to all things Tesla? Either way, Bravo!
Glad to help... here is a link to the complete Model S owners manual. :cool: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf
BTW, I just switched from my Arachnids w/summer tires to another set of BMW forged wheels w/winter tires
IMG_7724.jpg
IMG_7722.jpg
IMG_7721.jpg

Reactions: Duffer