TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slow GPS Map Rendering

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Rupe, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Rupe

Rupe Member

Anyone else notice how slow the map renders around rush hour, even with 4-5 bars? I've sometimes driven for several miles with no map (satellite or roads only) showing--not even one square patch. I like current data, but I'd settle for a larger map cache with more persistence. Surely there's enough memory in the computer to do so.

2. fwgmills

fwgmills Member

If it's happening around rush hour it's more likely the cellphone tower's data back haul is saturated by everyone on the road using their phones while in traffic. The only solution there is to determine who provides the cell signal for the car and complain. (AT&T or Verizon probably)

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

Are you on 3G or LTE (what vintage is your build)? FWIW, I just did the LTE upgrade on my 2013 S85, and, in the SF Bay Area, it makes a world of difference with nav screen redraw.