Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow GPS routing and app connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently my GPS routing has been *really* slow. In addition, my phone app often takes several minutes to find my car and update its current status.

Unless I have faulty hardware I feel this is software update-related. Any one else observed this recently?

Reactions: Audietron
Recently my GPS routing has been *really* slow. In addition, my phone app often takes several minutes to find my car and update its current status.

Unless I have faulty hardware I feel this is software update-related. Any one else observed this recently?
Probably your mobile app need to be killed and restarted/updated .. same with car soft refresh with pressing both scroll wheels for 10 seconds...

That is what works for me, might be different for you... since recent Android updates app not staying consistently connected or refreshed, so needs reconnecting... some security reason, as someone could do MitM attack etc.

I find the maps take ages too and sometimes i cant turn heating on via the app.
Also spotify seems to take way longer than on my phone.
Not sure ill Keep premium connectivity too much longer
Once Remove premium connectivity, which is just $10... you may need to connect your mobile Hotspot at most times...
I use Tesla's car account for Spotify and works perfectly... however last few days internet was patchy, as it's using AU servers, maybe optus? No idea... very few things are reliable when it comes to Tesla, so always second guessing

Yes I've found map routing slow lately too, whether connected via LTE or wifi. (Incidentally It looks like they've been working on the AU ISP issue as I'm [often] getting better data throughput via LTE).
Not sure if it was the last update that did that though, or could be an upstream server thing.

Yes I've found map routing slow lately too, whether connected via LTE or wifi. (Incidentally It looks like they've been working on the AU ISP issue as I'm [often] getting better data throughput via LTE).
Not sure if it was the last update that did that though, or could be an upstream server thing.
Few months back they changed UI, which broke navigation (car stops at signal which are under the flyover) and many other things including internet and radio for few... everything except navigation was fixed in subsequent updates (Noone knows when as Tesla never tells or shares issues/fixes)... potentially something broke in recent updates?

Just installing latest updates, so once I get to drive around I will share if anything fixed with this update 🤞

Reactions: Steve_Chch
This might just be the slow LTE issues they've been having? Basically they delivered so many cars that it overloaded their AU SIM network and things got slow. Auckland is supposed to be better now (ours seems to be) and the rest of the country to follow sometime this month.

This might just be the slow LTE issues they've been having? Basically they delivered so many cars that it overloaded their AU SIM network and things got slow. Auckland is supposed to be better now (ours seems to be) and the rest of the country to follow sometime this month.
Yeah, noticed mid song Eminem stops, like he is writing fresh lyrics for me... internet issue, but kind of feel special 😏
Buying Tesla is always experience... you get joy out of achieving tiny things, which mostly used to happen by itself flawlessly and had no appreciation before.... like getting alternate route, or not randomly stopping in middle of the road etc. 😂🤣

It's Fun, new fresh perspective to driving...