Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow response from Tesla app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's anything it may be a change to the sleep mode in the car. I have noticed recently that I come back to the car and it has lost signal even though there was some signal when I parked.
Try turning power saving off and see if that makes a difference.

The app response time has always been slow... but I have noticed more timeouts recently. I can't even connect at the moment.
Thanks for the quick response #meloccom. 2 or 3 times in the last week the app has timed out on me, and failed to connect, despite good signal from the app side. Must be just me..

Keep the car in "always connected mode" When it goes into sleep, it really sleeps, and can take some time to wake back up agian. Keeping it always on does increase vampire drain a lot, but it is still unnoticable if you charge up once a week. Only turn if off if you want to store the car for a few months.

Nothing to do with car or app..definitely something up last week with Tesla’s cloud service. On one occasion I arrived home form a drive, logged into the app, and received a dozen updates of my progress from the previous 20minutes..driving 50km/h..driving 27..etc all arrived one after the other. Maybe it’s time for Elon to purchase another AWS instance :)

Nothing to do with car or app..definitely something up last week with Tesla’s cloud service. On one occasion I arrived home form a drive, logged into the app, and received a dozen updates of my progress from the previous 20minutes..driving 50km/h..driving 27..etc all arrived one after the other. Maybe it’s time for Elon to purchase another AWS instance :)
If you are using one of those crazy third party apps (which the above indicates), they are probably throttling your data usage.