TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slow scroll performance on website

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by xborg, Sep 19, 2016.

1. xborg

xborg Member

Hello,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Slow scrolling on thread pages is killing my forum experience.
    When I open any thread, and start scrolling down, scrolling is laggy as I scroll down.
    Browser Chrome on Mac Os El Capitan. I'm using touchpad to scroll. My machine is powerful and I don't have this issue on any other website.
    Safari is fine, but Chrome is choppy.
    If I switch to compact mode by changing browser size, performance is good. In full screen, it is choppy.
    Judging from the Chrome logs, it looks like lots of calculations are being made as I scroll, and unnecessary console logs.
    Removing those console logs may provide performance increase.
    To get a better understanding of the problem, please watch this video fullscreen at 1080p60 setting.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. alexdav

alexdav Member

I think it has something to do with the Facebook Recommend button at the bottom of the page. The way it's being loaded, that as soon as you scroll, it reloads. Probably some incorrect binding.

• Like x 1
  3. xborg

xborg Member

Hi Admins,

Any updates?