Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow speed tire noise (sticky sounds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
So, my MY is the first non-ICE vehicle I've ever had and it's so quiet that I'm hearing a "sticky" sound coming from the tires when I back out of my driveway. It almost sounds like there are stickers or tape on my tires that is sticking to my driveway.

I'm almost positive it's just the normal sound that tires make on hard surfaces when you can actually hear them, but I thought I would ask you guys. Is it normal to hear your tires when you are moving very slowly and the windows are down?

The first time I noticed it was at a drive through restaurant and I almost panicked, thinking that I had a wheel bearing out or something. Then I noticed it at home and found that it was all 4 tires. Maybe this is a function of very new tires (150 miles). Or very wide tires. Or, perhaps the OEM tires are sticky for a while until the release agent wears off.

Am I going out of my mind? Should I get this looked at? Or is this just a normal part of owning a completely silent automobile?

Thanx!
Richard