Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow supercharge speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think supermarket should have 22kW chargers than 7. That way, the charge is worth getting the cable out and everyone happy.

A local supermarket charger will be one of the places we will frequent on our vacations with no overnight charging, another is a paid 7kW charger in nearby town car park. If we can get 30 miles 'in the tank' doing the weekly shop and coffee, or more if in town, its worthwhile - it will get us to the nearest supercharger or half way home. If 'only 30 miles' free electricity is not enough to warrant people taking out the type 2, then I'm all for it, especially if it means that we can get a much needed charge in.

I think supermarket should have 22kW chargers than 7. That way, the charge is worth getting the cable out and everyone happy.

... except the one paying for the power...

These chargers are not there to give you a significant charge, but they will offset the cost of going there.

If you don't feel it is worth the effort then don't use it, but those chargers are not aimed at providing significant charging, just a convenience offering.