Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow Supercharging Raven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. It’s my first visit to a Supercharger. It’s much slower than expected, 140 mi/hr. Is this normal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    792.7 KB · Views: 97
OP: You are also near the top third of SoC so the taper has already kicked in.

I’ll try that. There’s 16 stalls and 3 cars charging. The closest one is 2 stalls away.
How close is not the question. What number is the question. If they are paired they have a number like 1A, 2B etc. You don't want to be paired with the same number (ie no 1A 1B pairing). Some sites have the stalls 1A 2A and some have the stalls 1A 1B (more common). So you could have the first 8 stalls all being A's and then the next being B's. In that case stall 1 (1A) is actually paired with stall 9 (1B). Kind of confusing but the labels are pretty easy to spot. Good job for the co pilot to find you the best spot to avoid pairing as you approach.
temperature?
if the battery is cold this is normal or even pretty good at that state of charge(SOC)
Excellent point. If the OP came to the SC after driving for a few hours it's probably not temp related but if this is early on your journey than yes. And provided Tesla has not changed the pre charger warm-up algorithm, if you use the navigation to get you to the next charger its supposed to warm up the battery too.

I’ll try that. There’s 16 stalls and 3 cars charging. The closest one is 2 stalls away.
some pairs are side by side others are not / depends on the location.
some are marked 1A/B others don't have markings. quite variable now(not a bad thing, ideally you shouldn't need to worry....almost there w/ the model 3 & new charge rates..I can't get an order of food before the car is done charging!)