Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slowdown with AP1.0 on Parkway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take the same route to work everyday and use AP 1.0. Upon approaching an exit on the Sagitos Parkway Southbound for the Long Island Expressway (495) West, my AP slows down (I usually keep it at 70). I am always in the left lane as I continue on the Sagitos and the road doesn't have any curves. I always have to manually press the gas pedal to just keep it at 70 so I don't get rear ended. Below is where this happens. Does anyone know why this is? Is this a bug? Do I submit this feedback to Tesla somehow? If so, what is the best method?

upload_2017-3-21_7-51-58.png

I take the same route to work everyday and use AP 1.0. Upon approaching an exit on the Sagitos Parkway Southbound for the Long Island Expressway (495) West, my AP slows down (I usually keep it at 70). I am always in the left lane as I continue on the Sagitos and the road doesn't have any curves. I always have to manually press the gas pedal to just keep it at 70 so I don't get rear ended. Below is where this happens. Does anyone know why this is? Is this a bug? Do I submit this feedback to Tesla somehow? If so, what is the best method?

View attachment 219175

Next time, watch the icon for the speed limit.

By us, there's a stretch of road that OA's will disable AP for test drives because the map isn't updated and AP goes wonky. It could be your map, it could be your GPS being off and thinking you're on that side road - 67 there.

Either way, report the bug. Just hit your voice recognition button and say "Report Bug"

Next time, watch the icon for the speed limit.

By us, there's a stretch of road that OA's will disable AP for test drives because the map isn't updated and AP goes wonky. It could be your map, it could be your GPS being off and thinking you're on that side road - 67 there.

Either way, report the bug. Just hit your voice recognition button and say "Report Bug"

I forgot to mention, the speed limit on my map stays at 55 the entire time. My thinking was the same as yours, but that's not the case. I guess this is a bug?

Take a note with the car, and submit it to Tesla so they can review it as well.

In the car, you can Tap the voice button and say "Bug Report" and it will snapshot the screens and allow you to add a short voice message.

Take a note with the car, and submit it to Tesla so they can review it as well.

In the car, you can Tap the voice button and say "Bug Report" and it will snapshot the screens and allow you to add a short voice message.

Wow I had no idea about this bug report. So do you guys recommend I do this bug report right after I pass that location? Can I also email their tech support?