Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slowing for a sign, just bot the one I'd expect.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here in the states we have this double arrow sign that signifies a "T" junction. While testing to determine why the vehicle drastically slowed down at some intersections and not other ones, I noticed that it might be this double arrow sign it the map data associated with places that this sign is. Anyone else have one of these signs on their daily travels that can confirm while I go searching for more?

Is the sign made of metal? Maybe a rectangular, landscape orientation sign creates a radar signature similar to a vehicle? I know you are thinking this may be feature, but is it possible it's just a bug (an unusual sign shape confusing the radar into thinking you're approaching a car)? In the past past AP2 used to brake for large overhead highway signs too, especially when approaching uphill like in your video. Maybe they just haven't trained it on this kind of sign.

• Informative
Reactions: fasteddie7
So here in the states we have this double arrow sign that signifies a "T" junction. While testing to determine why the vehicle drastically slowed down at some intersections and not other ones, I noticed that it might be this double arrow sign it the map data associated with places that this sign is. Anyone else have one of these signs on their daily travels that can confirm while I go searching for more?
I am in Vancouver BC Canada. I am on .21. Recently I have noticed the car slowing down when encountering flashing pedestrian walkway. There weren't any cars in front or around me. It was a quiet Canada morning. This occurred several times in different areas. My thought is the car is in shadow mode and testing the neural net getting ready for the v9 August release.

Is the sign made of metal? Maybe a rectangular, landscape orientation sign creates a radar signature similar to a vehicle? I know you are thinking this may be feature, but is it possible it's just a bug (an unusual sign shape confusing the radar into thinking you're approaching a car)? In the past past AP2 used to brake for large overhead highway signs too, especially when approaching uphill like in your video. Maybe they just haven't trained it on this kind of sign.
It is made of metal. The two smaller diamoddiare in various configurations of verticle and horizontal. I'm actively looking for more of these to test.

It is made of metal. The two smaller diamoddiare in various configurations of verticle and horizontal. I'm actively looking for more of these to test.
Find an intersection where it doesn't slow down, add one made of paper, see if it slows down. Then add a piece of metal?
Alternatively, have a friend standing by to cover the sign where it does slow down with some paper, see if the car slows down - if it does, is has nothing to do with seeing the sign, but might be the metal or GPS programmed to slow down.

When driving manually I’ve noticed collision alert audio tones when approaching sop signs a bit too fast or when rolling through stop signs with recent software update. It appears that the software is either reading the stop signs or reacting to the intersection through some sensor or data source.

Wow! I thought I was bugging' but maybe not. Two days ago I was approaching an intersection with a traffic light and the light turned yellow. I was about to disengage AP as I normally would when the car slowed down on it's own. There were no cars ahead of me and no cars in the intersection. I disengaged AP anyway and came to a stop. My first thought was that AP recognized the traffic light change but this functionality was not announced. Now that fasteddie7 posted this it makes me wonder if sign and light recognition features are in test mode. Anyone else experience this?