TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slowly increase radio volume after a phone call or closing door

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ChargedUp, May 30, 2013.

1. ChargedUp

ChargedUp Member

Is there a way to have the volume slowly increase after a phone call or closing the door? Sometimes, as I am sure most of you have, I listen to the radio pretty loud. Once the phone rings the volume is muted but after I hang up, the volume is instantly loud again. Is there a way to change that so it increases slowly?

2. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

Well, we could get it through a software update. In addition, the fan speed should go to 1 when using voice or phone options. GM has done this for some time now.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

These sort of things would have to be user options due to geographical differences. Temps here hit 104F in the sun today, no way would I want to be toasted because someone called me on the phone.

4. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

I've never really noticed a significant drop in effectiveness in my GM. I live in the desert, with avg summer temps in 90-110 range. I guess the drive could also defeat the setting by manually raising fan temps to balance for noise and volume.

5. ChargedUp

ChargedUp Member

Thank You Spatters. Once the phone call rings incoming I can't even turn my volume down on my radio anymore. Once either of us hangs up, it goes back to full volume instantly. I agree with you 100 percent on the air conditioning volume as well. That would be cool if they could put both of those options into a future update.

6. ChargedUp

ChargedUp Member

What is the best method (email, forum post) to send a request like this for consideration on future updates?

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Email ownership at teslamotors.com and they will pass it on to the appropriate team.

8. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member