Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slowly losing my sanity with every account check...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"The Wait" is kind of like being a kid at Christmas...but worse because you do not know which day Christmas is coming :)

No need to check your account all the time, as someone at Tesla will reach out to you when delivery is close to arrange financing and final paperwork. Will work with you to set a time to pick up.

Checking your account helps you to feel like you are remaining somewhat in control of your delivery, but in reality it will be on autopilot as well and comes when it comes.

Perhaps a little like a pregnant parent. Knows the baby is coming, but the date is still a little fluid.

Also in the same boat (waiting since Dec) and have been on a shopping spree for accessories.

I have had the charger installed for two months, I ordered the white carbon fiber looking vinyl for the console that you can see at evannex dot com and I just put the deposit down, since they're offering deals right now with everything going on, for the wrap, tint and powder coating of the wheels. So I've spent more on everything other than the car for now haha.

What 'chu talkin' bout, Willis? No one here is offering deals on deposits for wraps! I've been quoted anywhere from 5,600 - 9,500 for the wrap alone here in the east valley, AZ. Of course, everyone claims they're the best, but not a single one has mentioned a discount for deposit, given COVID current situation . Also interested in coating rims and ceramic tint...even as a bundle, no deals to be seen!

What 'chu talkin' bout, Willis? No one here is offering deals on deposits for wraps! I've been quoted anywhere from 5,600 - 9,500 for the wrap alone here in the east valley, AZ. Of course, everyone claims they're the best, but not a single one has mentioned a discount for deposit, given COVID current situation . Also interested in coating rims and ceramic tint...even as a bundle, no deals to be seen!

I got a quote for XPEL full and partial front, XPEL tint and paint correction and Ceramic from a company near Eastmark if you want me to share his pricing.

New car seats?!? Do tell!

So we found some last year's model of the Diono Radian 3RX on sale for a good price, so I bought a pair. These car seats are more "european" in that they are more narrow, and you can generally fit 3 across. My old car seats where big honkin American carsets with cupholders. I THINK the model Y might be like 2" too small to fit 3 across, but that is ok. My "worst" case scenario is we accidentally have a kid in the next year or so, we will need 2 carseats across and a booster. Both my current kids are girls and pretty narrow, so we should be able to fit 3 kids in the back of a Y (2 carseats and a booster)

So the wrap quote I got from these guys was $600 more in January, and after chatting with him about the taxes and pricing on the ceramic coating and that I was 50/50 on it he said that I would be way happier with the look and performance of the wrap with it so he knocked the price on that. So I pulled the trigger. The two quotes I got from them last week are below. The final was $6,003.18 for everything as you can see. ($538.18 in taxes...now THAT'S a 1st world problem)
model Y quote original.jpg
model Y quote final.jpg

do you wrap/cover the console wrap in white or any other color? My MY will be white interior and thinking about white wrap.

I ordered the white plastic console covers from Amazon. These covers are not a wrap, but molded plastic sheets that are shaped, curved and sized to fit each area of the console. Here's info on the Vendor, but it looks like he only has the carbon fiber version listed.

aspeike Center Console Cover Kit for Tesla Model 3 Console Protector ABS Plastic 4 Pcs Carbon Fiber Printing
by aspeike
Learn more: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B082VVXQKK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_JOSZEbJ8C9MSR
Note: This is carbon fiber, but scroll down and you'll see the white covers, which you might be able to special order from the vendor.
Vistan

So the wrap quote I got from these guys was $600 more in January, and after chatting with him about the taxes and pricing on the ceramic coating and that I was 50/50 on it he said that I would be way happier with the look and performance of the wrap with it so he knocked the price on that. So I pulled the trigger. The two quotes I got from them last week are below. The final was $6,003.18 for everything as you can see. ($538.18 in taxes...now THAT'S a 1st world problem)
View attachment 545644 View attachment 545645

Those are both crazy great deals!

Performance version has priority in shipping, RWD will be the longest wait, AWD in the middle. 7-seater will also be delayed.
With preowned market going down, maybe it makes sense to upgrade to performance and get it sooner, vs LR AWD later.

Good morning!

April 30, 2020 I joined the Tesla community with the "purchase" of my first EV, a MY. Obviously, due to COVID, I knew the plant had shut down, but I secretly hoped there was a way that things would still move along seamlessly. As anyone else waiting for their car knows, they reopened a few weeks ago, and it seems like they're starting to fill orders in no real order. I saw one guy on here who claims he bought his car early April and already had a delivery date, while others bought last year and are still waiting.

I guess knowing that I'll have to sell my existing gas-guzzler, in order to make payments more affordable, has me on edge since it literally drops in value every day.

Like everyone else, I literally check my account 10 times a day and still have no VIN. I feel like I'm losing my mind with no updates!

If only I'd known the torture I was setting myself up for....well, really, even then I don't think I would have been prepared!
Anyone know a good way to pass the time, aside from watching every youTube video there is and reading these discussions? LOL

Anxiously awaiting MY, LRAWD, MSM, White interior, FSD, No PUP, Gemini

We'll be together soon...I hope!

Be warned:
  • Tesla quality SUCKS (sorry, no nice way to say it)... when (if?) you do take delivery, inspect carefully for body panel alignment issues, paint scrapes, sensors recessed (especially bad on white due to contrast with black 'rings'), etc
  • Tesla customer service SUCKS... they will promise you but never deliver. They will argue with you to lower your expectation. If the problem is s/w related, forget about getting it fixed anytime soon (Tesla cares more about delivering games and farts than they do about fixing bugs)
  • Test FSD as soon as possible after getting the vehicle. When you notice it does not perform (and will probably freak you out when it fails so often), ask for your money back on the package (you may want to get confirmation now that you can get a refund on FSD; Tesla is getting so many refund requests, I wouldn't be surprised if they stop processing such requests)
Hate to be the bearer of bad news. I am a first time Tesla owner and have had every every disappointment listed above; which probably makes it the last Tesla I will own. If I were doing it over again today, I would have purchased another Toyota (a car company that has earned the trust of customers for ages) and waited for other manufacturers to catch up on EV offerings (disappointed that Toyota is not there). That happening is the only thing that will make Tesla more customer focused on delivering quality, reliability, and a reasonable level of customer service... and even then, I am not holding my breath.

Tesla quality is AWESOME - I have loved all three of my Tesla vehicles.
Tesla customer service ROCKS - they have taken care of me wonderfully. My latest car, 2016 Model S P100D, has not needed service at all.
If FSD does not work at first, be patient, the over-the-air software updates are like Christmas morning.

Don't believe everything you read on these forums. There is nothing else like driving a Tesla.

Brent

... you may want to get confirmation now that you can get a refund on FSD; Tesla is getting so many refund requests, I wouldn't be surprised if they stop processing such requests.
... probably makes it the last Tesla I will own. If I were doing it over again today, I would have purchased another Toyota ...
Another poster who seems to think that his negative experience is universal.

While Toyota makes great traditional and hybrid vehicles (I've had three Priuses before moving all EV), I understand they have more than a few Mirais sitting around stealerships if you're interested.

As for service, I'll take the sometimes frustrating events of Tesla over frequent solicitations for $350 "maintenance" (beyond the manufacturer's recs) by Toyota stealerships.

Is Tesla perfect? Far from it. But posts like this just sound like whaaamburgers.

Reactions: Bridor
Vistan, is your car a Tesla color or a wrap?

My Y is Tesla MSM = Midnight Silver Metallic. The alloy wheels are what's underneath the stock Gemini wheel covers (with some added bling in the form of silver center caps and chrome lug nut covers).

And despite @Artax diatribe above, I've had a 2015 Model S (still own) and an early 2018 Model 3 (just sold). Both cars were delivered in excellent shape and I experienced very few problems with either car.