Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SLS - On the Scent of Inevitable Capitulation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I am getting concerned about him. He needs to stay focused and keep his head in the game and not rant on Twitter about issues that he lacks professional expertise and training to make informed comments on. We get enough of that these days from other sources...
Hopefully the birth of his baby today will get him to spin down for a day or two...

• Funny
Reactions: IdaX and Grendal
Yes, I am getting concerned about him. He needs to stay focused and keep his head in the game and not rant on Twitter about issues that he lacks professional expertise and training to make informed comments on. We get enough of that these days from other sources...
I think his recent comments were inappropriate but I think they come from his intense focus on his mission to move the world to sustainable energy and transportation. He really wants to open his factories.

I think his recent comments were inappropriate but I think they come from his intense focus on his mission to move the world to sustainable energy and transportation.

I think it is human nature to dismiss unpleasant elements of our heroes.
IMHO Elon is transitioning beyond the Jobs/JFK level of unpleasantries. Hopefully we never see him reach MJ/JoPa status...

I think it is human nature to dismiss unpleasant elements of our heroes.
IMHO Elon is transitioning beyond the Jobs/JFK level of unpleasantries. Hopefully we never see him reach MJ/JoPa status...
It's always problematic to try to assign motives to any actions. It's naive to just say "he's crazy" or "he's a jerk". I try to put actions and statements into the context of the individual. Elon has been incredibly successful because he "thinks different" and is willing to take risks. They are not crazy risks. His success with Tesla, SpaceX, etc speaks for itself. He is driven by one goal and willing to push hard for that goal.
As for your comment about me dismissing unpleasant elements, I believe that I have not dismissed them. I have acknowledged them and tried to put them in a relevant context rather than just calling him names.

As for your comment about me dismissing unpleasant elements, I believe that I have not dismissed them. I have acknowledged them and tried to put them in a relevant context rather than just calling him names.

It was purposely directed at human nature, not you. Denial rationalizes the unwanted, unpleasant, and unacceptable by attempting to frame those elements within some otherwise acceptable context. We all do it. Hell, practically an entire political party has done it.

It just stings more when its our heroes.

The numbers don’t lie—NASA’s move to commercial space has saved money

Insightful analysis laying out just how much money SpaceX saves the government compared to the traditional way of doing things.
OMG there is soooo much in that piece. So much bang-your-head-against-the-wall stuff.

Nice hopeful ending though:
Eric Berger from Ars said:
But the launch of two humans from Florida in a week or two could go a long way toward quieting those who say what NASA can and cannot do, in an era when Dragons breathe fire and rockets return by sea.

Another article from the indispensable Eric Berger.

BTW, did you notice during the Demo-2 press conference, Brindenstine kinda chastised Eric for asking a tough question which was basically do you now regret sending that tweet 8 months ago telling SpaceX to get its ass in gear. Brindenstine started the reply saying, "You would have to ask that question, wouldn't you?". I thought it was telling. Apparently Eric was the *only* journalist (and I guess I am using that term loosely) to ask real questions. All other questions were soft and mushy.

Anyways, back to Eric's latest article. I hope this article accurate reflect's Congress intent. Time will tell.

After Crew Dragon soars, some in Congress tout benefits of commercial space

Reactions: Nikxice and e-FTW
did you notice during the Demo-2 press conference, Brindenstine kinda chastised Eric for asking a tough question which was basically do you now regret sending that tweet 8 months ago telling SpaceX to get its ass in gear. Brindenstine started the reply saying, "You would have to ask that question, wouldn't you?". I thought it was telling. Apparently Eric was the *only* journalist (and I guess I am using that term loosely) to ask real questions.
I did notice that immediately and thought Bridenstine did not handle it well. Eric of course was asking a legitimate question. Bridenstine’ s tweet was unnecessary and ill-considered and he deserved to be called out on it.

Reactions: Grendal and e-FTW
I did notice that immediately and thought Bridenstine did not handle it well. Eric of course was asking a legitimate question. Bridenstine’ s tweet was unnecessary and ill-considered and he deserved to be called out on it.
Agreed. It was a day of celebration and Bridenstine was all about the party. Eric was definitely right and doing his job like he always does. Jim missed a chance to keep his emotions in check.

Reactions: Grendal
Lol, it seems everyone caught Jim's awkward angst with his initial response to Eric's question. There must be some history between the two. Eric pushed the uncomfortable button, with a smiling Elon just across the room. Though JB did make a quick recovery, heaping plenty of deserved praise on the team at SpaceX.
To tie the conversation into this thread, I look forward to hear Eric keep asking JB the tough questions concerning development of SLS.

Another article from the indispensable Eric Berger.

BTW, did you notice during the Demo-2 press conference, Brindenstine kinda chastised Eric for asking a tough question which was basically do you now regret sending that tweet 8 months ago telling SpaceX to get its ass in gear. Brindenstine started the reply saying, "You would have to ask that question, wouldn't you?". I thought it was telling. Apparently Eric was the *only* journalist (and I guess I am using that term loosely) to ask real questions. All other questions were soft and mushy.

Anyways, back to Eric's latest article. I hope this article accurate reflect's Congress intent. Time will tell.

After Crew Dragon soars, some in Congress tout benefits of commercial space
Video link please, and if possible approx timestamp? Thank you. I thought I watched every video before and after launch, but I am sure I missed this one.

Oh my...

upload_2020-6-8_12-19-50.png

Link: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1270057678744678400?s=20