Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sluggish screen interface after tire changeover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,just picked up my Model 3 yesterday.Had the winter tires put on today before heading home 350 kms. However,now the navigation system keeps saying "navigation system is initializing" when I try to enter an address. also the microphone function is really sluggish when I say a command. (sorry I don't have the proper terminology for these things yet.) wife is typing this post as we drive,hoping to figure this out when we stop to charge soon. any ideas what needs to be done? it likely has something to do with the tire changeover
,it happened immediately after. TIA

Hi, Welcome to TMC,

Whenever you have "software issues" with the model 3, the two things to try are:

1. A reboot of the touch screen, by pushing both scroll wheel buttons on the steering wheel until the screen reboots. Think of this as a reboot on a computer. Many times this clears out stuff like this, just like it does on computers. if that doesnt work, you can try number 2.

2. A "power off" command from the touch screen. This is equivalent to shutting down a computer (instead of rebooting it). I forget which menu its in, because I am not in my car at this moment, but If you look through the menu options you should see it. The way I do this is to be the only one in the car, open the drivers door, click the button on screen to power off the car, watch the screen power off, get out and close the door (remember door was already open so i am just exiting and closing the door).

Let the car sit for a few minutes in the powered off state, like 5-7 minutes, then open the door and get back in. Works best at home or someplace you are getting out to go eat or something. I usually do this if the reboot above doesnt fix whatever software glitch I see.

Hope that helps.