Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small accident caused by garbage truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Garbage truck on 880 ruined my Friday.

Yesterday I was driving home and taking an exit to get off of freeway when all suddenly saw a tire flying towards me. As you can expect, of course, it hit my model 3 on driver side. Long story short: tire on truck tore off, the thread pilled off and hit my drivers side front bumper and fender, denting both. I think both will have to be replaced.

I got his insurance info and luckily CHP wrote a report.

Wondering if you guys have any suggestions how to handle this, where to repair it etc. I believe shop has to be Tesla certified.

Car is drivable and I don’t see any issues with with any of sensors. Auto Pilot seems to be working fine.

This car was perfect, never any issues and has less than 8k miles on it. It sucks and my stomach can’t stop turning. But on the bright side nobody got hurt and it should be fixed.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_8415 (1).jpg
    IMG_8415 (1).jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8428 (1).jpg
    IMG_8428 (1).jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8424.jpg
    IMG_8424.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8413.jpg
    IMG_8413.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 74
Just went through similar situation. Your repairs are simple, both bumper and fender are bolt on and parts are readily available. If you're close to San Jose, I'd take it to the Tesla body shop, otherwise find a Tesla Certified shop (that's what I did). Have them order the parts before you leave the car, that way you'll spend less time in a rental. Took about 10 days to get a fender and rear bumper to So Cal for my repairs.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Just went through similar situation. Your repairs are simple, both bumper and fender are bolt on and parts are readily available. If you're close to San Jose, I'd take it to the Tesla body shop, otherwise find a Tesla Certified shop (that's what I did). Have them order the parts before you leave the car, that way you'll spend less time in a rental. Took about 10 days to get a fender and rear bumper to So Cal for my repairs.
Thank you very much! I live in Fremont, that makes it easier .
thanks again