Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was involved in a small accident this week. The damage to my vehicle was very small. I have about 8,000km on the car and was frustrated with what happened. I decided not to report it because I only sustained a small dent and it's barely visible.

My insurance company called me. The other driver reported it, and said I side swiped him!!!

I shared this video with the insurance agent and he started laughing. How does he think you hit him he asked? The agent said he will share the video with the other company. Needless to say the agent agreed it was not my fault.

Good thing it was recording otherwise it would have been my word against his. Now I hope he gets in trouble for his BS.

Does Tesla always record? I definitely would want this activated all the time.

I've never checked my footage from my M3. I know someone had swung open their door in a parking lot once and hit my car, but when checking the footage for Tesla Sentry mode never even started to record. Not sure why the sentry mode seems very random.

Reactions: bnaritomi
If I were you i would make an appt with the local Tesla Service Center OR an approved body shop. this is to make sure that the sudden impact didnt cause some stuff connected to wheels to get bent. Could be expensive! See Kim Java's recent video on the 'minor' crash to the fender in her MX that caused about 20K worth of damage. Her accident was more serious than yours, but still you might take a look at it.

Reactions: Jamezam and El joe
If I were you i would make an appt with the local Tesla Service Center OR an approved body shop. this is to make sure that the sudden impact didnt cause some stuff connected to wheels to get bent. Could be expensive! See Kim Java's recent video on the 'minor' crash to the fender in her MX that caused about 20K worth of damage. Her accident was more serious than yours, but still you might take a look at it.
That was a GREAT video, thanks for sharing!

To the OP, I don’t think there is such a thing as a “small accident” at highway speeds! Glad you guys are ok.

What the heck was that guy on? How did he end up hitting you after passing you?

I was involved in a small accident this week. The damage to my vehicle was very small. I have about 8,000km on the car and was frustrated with what happened. I decided not to report it because I only sustained a small dent and it's barely visible.

My insurance company called me. The other driver reported it, and said I side swiped him!!!

I shared this video with the insurance agent and he started laughing. How does he think you hit him he asked? The agent said he will share the video with the other company. Needless to say the agent agreed it was not my fault.

why the big 1 minute it should be starting from 00:51

I think he was simply trying to go around me. There was another vehicle we were passing (in the middle lane). When I didn't pass it quick enough he tried to go around and misjudged it. At least that's what he said when we pulled over. The rear camera just shows him behind and then coming up to pass. The front camera shows why we moved over in the first place, and the vehicle we were going to pass.