Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small blue puddle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled my S out of the garage and there was a very small puddle. About the size of a half dollar. It’s been there twice. It’s very very light blue. Has no odor and isn’t greasy at all. It’s in the front about 10” to the left of the drivers front tire.

Im guessing it’s washer fluid leaking since none of the above but anyone know how to properly diagnose where it’s coming from without paying tesla (out of warranty)

Based on your description that would be my best guess to. Very few liquids in these cars and fewer still is the list of them that are blue. Could be a leak in the tank or a seal leading out. If one of the hoses leading to your spray nozzles is cracked it could also leak and would be more intermittent based on if you actually used the washer prior to getting him. You can pop off that panel and visually inspect it to see if you can find the leak. You can reach underneath it to see if you notice any moisture or cracks.

Reactions: ucmndd
The tank and bump of windscreen fluid is behind wheel well liner of left front wheel, towards the driver. The frunk area does not give much to find about, only if the funnel have broken off the clip… You can buy the pump from Tesla, if it’s the culprit. Very straight forward to change if the person have some knowledge of DIY.

The battery coolant is noticeably oily/viscous, you’d know if that’s what it was.
Can I safely open the coolant tank? I’d like to compare that to what’s been on my floor. I took the entire frunk apart and really can’t find any leaks anywhere. There was some of the blue stuff on the 4 way actuator BUT I also put more windshield washer fluid in and a little spilled so it’s hard to know if it’s leaking or if it was my stupid self.

Tesla says not to open it. It may void the warranty. Check the level only from outside.

Fluid Level Check​

DO NOT REMOVE THE FILLER CAP AND DO NOT ADD FLUID. Doing so can result in damage not covered by the warranty.

Do Not Top Up Battery Coolant​

Warning
Battery coolant can be hazardous and can irritate eyes and skin. Under no circumstances should you remove the filler cap and/or add coolant. If the touchscreen warns you that the fluid level is low, contact Tesla immediately.
To maximize the performance and life of the Battery, the cooling system uses a specific mixture of G-48 ethylene-glycol coolant (HOAT). Contact Tesla for more specific information about the coolant.

I’m my case it’s 100% the coolant even though it isn’t viscous or oily. I found a leak that appears to be coming from the bottom of the 4 way coolant valve.

Has anyone done this repair themselves? I made a service appointment asking them to repair it. I cleaned everything up and going to wait for everything to dry to see if the leak is coming from the valve or a crack in the hose. I suspect that it’s just a leak from the where the bottom hose comes into contact with the coolant valve.

I love this car but really want to be able to do some of these repairs myself. I see an $80 part ($70 direct from tesla) and then know they’re going to charge me several hundred in labor even though we all know it’ll take them 20 minutes especially since you have the entire frunk out.

I’m my case it’s 100% the coolant even though it isn’t viscous or oily. I found a leak that appears to be coming from the bottom of the 4 way coolant valve.

Has anyone done this repair themselves? I made a service appointment asking them to repair it. I cleaned everything up and going to wait for everything to dry to see if the leak is coming from the valve or a crack in the hose. I suspect that it’s just a leak from the where the bottom hose comes into contact with the coolant valve.

I love this car but really want to be able to do some of these repairs myself. I see an $80 part ($70 direct from tesla) and then know they’re going to charge me several hundred in labor even though we all know it’ll take them 20 minutes especially since you have the entire frunk out.
I had a leak (under warranty) at some valve. It was small puddle of blue on my garage floor, but when I rubbed it between my fingers, I could tell it was slipperier than washer fluid. It was same visousity and sliperriness as...coolant. Anyways, they fixed it in about 2 hours at the SC. My old 2017 90D. But once I looked at videos and looked under the car/in the frunk? It seemed very easy to get to. Im guessing they clamped off the hoses leading to it, replaced it, then reattached the hoses. Topped off the fluid. Not sure if the coolant system needed to be bled of air like some ICE cars (BMWs) do.