Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small bugs following firmware update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing my app showing that I have solar roof when these are solar panels. This just appeared recently, I’m guessing due to the firmware update. I tried restarting the app multiple time but didn’t yet cycle the powerwall+.

Anyone else seeing this? Not a huge issue but wondering if there are more bugs linked to the firmware update - not confidence inspiring.

(Can’t figure out how to upload a picture…)

Seeing my app showing that I have solar roof when these are solar panels. This just appeared recently, I’m guessing due to the firmware update. I tried restarting the app multiple time but didn’t yet cycle the powerwall+.

Anyone else seeing this? Not a huge issue but wondering if there are more bugs linked to the firmware update - not confidence inspiring.

The opposite for me -- app shows I have panels when I have the roof in reality. In my case, it's unrelated to firmware updates as this happened a couple a months ago after a service visit. Not going to bother contacting customer service given how incompetent they are. If it ain't broke...

I'm getting a constant low level pull from the grid. Tesla support doesn't seem to think its a big deal! I should have no grid usage at this point. Since FW update, my total energy sources utilize 4-5% from grid on a daily basis, used to be 0%. I've rebooted, and reset everything to no avail. Would love to see if others are experiencing this!

I'm getting a constant low level pull from the grid. Tesla support doesn't seem to think its a big deal! I should have no grid usage at this point. Since FW update, my total energy sources utilize 4-5% from grid on a daily basis, used to be 0%. I've rebooted, and reset everything to no avail. Would love to see if others are experiencing this!
From other posts, it looks like this is a common issue. Should go away soon. My PWs haven't updated yet, so am interested to see if this happens to me too.

Not seeing that issue, but using the browser, you can upload a picture using the photo icon on the toolbar above the text box when typing a reply.

From other posts, it looks like this is a common issue. Should go away soon. My PWs haven't updated yet, so am interested to see if this happens to me too.
I reported this issue to Tesla on Wednesday morning and had a ticket opened within three hours.
I noticed a power draw is approximately 0.06 kW per hour which shows up as 0.03 kWh per each half hourly reading from my smart meter.
My GW2 firmware had recently been updated so I suspected that was the issue.
As of 08:00 yesterday the "phantom draw" had gone and I appeared to be back to normal. I noticed that my GW2 firmware has been rolled back to a previous version from 22.9.7fa38365 to 22.9.1 bce98cad.
I shall await an update from Tesla.

I reported this issue to Tesla on Wednesday morning and had a ticket opened within three hours.
I noticed a power draw is approximately 0.06 kW per hour which shows up as 0.03 kWh per each half hourly reading from my smart meter.
My GW2 firmware had recently been updated so I suspected that was the issue.
As of 08:00 yesterday the "phantom draw" had gone and I appeared to be back to normal. I noticed that my GW2 firmware has been rolled back to a previous version from 22.9.7fa38365 to 22.9.1 bce98cad.
I shall await an update from Tesla.
i updated 20 22.9.1 yesterday and the issue seems to be gone for me as well. Will continue to monitor