Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small but worthwile Electric Car Show Event in new Rockford, IL market - April 7th 5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although a very small event compared to the City of Chicago, USGBC is introducing electric cars to the city of Rockford (home of a Tesla Supercharger).

I invite all interested with in range to come out to USGBC Illinois - Rockford Branch Electric Car Event on Tuesday April 7th from 5:30 pm to 7:30 PM.
You'll see 5 cars Tesla (not sure which model), BMW i3, Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, and New Ford Fusion Hybrid.
Tesla Supercharger is at the Cherry Valley Mall about 3 miles away. The charging station at the hotel has been delayed on installation till this summer... Sorry.

After 45 minutes of Networking, Professor Kevin Martin from Northern Illinois University will speak about the electric car industry and following Allen Will from Telefonix of Waukegan will speak about the charging station landscape and the future of charging stations for one hour.

My contact is Mike Dudek RA, LEED AP (Green Building Architect/ Construction manager and USGBC Broad of Director, but knows much less on cars).
My email is [email protected] and phone is 815-713-5646.

Our Tesla owner left town unexpectedly, so I have been in contact with Oak Brook Tesla and the regional sales representative about get a car out to the event.

All electric car enthusiast (and just interested people) are welcome to join us. Appetizers and drinks are provide with purchase of a ticket of $10 (members) or $20 (non-members) per USGBC-Illinois.org website.
We are a non-profit , so any donation is appreciated to support the Green Building Council of Illinois.

The goal is to raise awareness and expand the charging stations options in the Rockford Area.