Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

small craters of scratches? Best option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AEBCEBE0-EAB0-4ED1-95DA-363ED9614442.jpeg

B6AFBE25-6242-46EF-A141-E2748D41B155.jpeg

White 2021 Model 3.
I have some small craters like these on the car, not many, but not sure about leaving them if they rust. Is there a good place to take it to (north london area) or am I able to fix it?

Thanks

Look like very tiny stone chips and they should be able to hidden very cheaply with a smart repair - you may be able to attempt yourself with a kit.

I don't have first hand experience of this with Tesla's but Audi repaired similar on my car for £4 (touch up material cost) when it was in for its service.

I saw in your other thread you asked if you should fix before you sell, and I'd say that depends on who you intend to sell it to - when I sold my last car there were some small stone chips on the bonnet and the fact they were exposed gave the dealer confidence that they hadn't been poorly/cheaply hidden and I was honest about them, I don't think it affected the value of the car dramatically and it was one less thing to worry about.

These sort of things happen on cars so I wouldn't worry too much if you plan to sell soon, but they should be made good to prevent them getting worse.

Reactions: JaseW
Easy to do yourself with some touch up paint, realy fine sandpaper and some polish. I did a load of chips like this on a 3 year old white Cupra I picked up a couple of years ago, it took a bit of doing because they were right down to the metal but you couldn't see them by the time I'd finished.

Reactions: JaseW