Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small Ding - Blackvue saw it, but no real detection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove my car into the city and parked on the street next a dumpster (mistake one - smile) - though not sure you can trust garage in city either. there was a red cone that eliminated the ability to park in front of me.

Unfortunately, the moved moved the red cone and the cars attempted to park in front of me. I have to study the Blackvue footage, but there was no notification of impact (was a small ding)... I have the preferences on parking as high as possible. Has anyone gotten a successful notification from Blackvue or able to see footage related to a parking ding?

I drove my car into the city and parked on the street next a dumpster (mistake one - smile) - though not sure you can trust garage in city either. there was a red cone that eliminated the ability to park in front of me.

Unfortunately, the moved moved the red cone and the cars attempted to park in front of me. I have to study the Blackvue footage, but there was no notification of impact (was a small ding)... I have the preferences on parking as high as possible. Has anyone gotten a successful notification from Blackvue or able to see footage related to a parking ding?
My blackvue notifies me all the time about "an impact detected in parking mode" usually because I operated the doors or hatch after it was parked for a while but didn't start driving it. (e.g. go back to retrieve my reading glasses) It is supposed to save any significant observed motion in the field of view while parked even if no impact is detected. You should certainly review your recorded footage to see what's there.

I went through it fairly detailed, and i have a suspect, but only because he is the only one to attempt to park and then leave before completing the job. the other two cars parked (one had his friend come out of the car to assist him). I have ALL the footage stored on my computer (before it got overwritten), but wasn't all that conclusive. I have 30 days to file a report, so I'll scan again tonight....