Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small repairs in Helsinki

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I live in Helsinki for over 4y but it is my first car here so apologies if the questions sounds as a beginners, in fact they are.
-I ordered a mud flap which I was planning to install myself as it is a simple to install. But reading the parking place terms I found:

"2.4 Washing or repairing the car or storage of goods in the parking space is prohibited. The regulations for car idling must be followed in the parking area."

How I am supposed to do this kind of small repairs / installation if I am not living in a house with own garage?

-Where car owners storage their summer tires during winter? My first thought was the building basement storage but I haven't seen any there. I assume there is a better solution then?

Hi, this is a late answer but I hope it either helps you or any other with the same problem.
Finnish (storage and parking) rules, especially in shared spaces, tend to be somewhat strict. They’re usually so for a good reason related to service, fire control or conformity. Typically tires aren’t allowed to be stored in shared basements or parking spaces. Some housing cooperatives have separate places to store them, most of them don’t. Many of the storage companies such as Cityvarasto or Pelican Self Storage won’t let you store these either. These are few of the reasons why ”tire hotels” are surprisingly common solution in bigger cities. Expensive, though. I’d look for a shared storage space or cheaper tire hotel if you already didn’t find one.

You are allowed to do minor fixes to your car or change tires etc on your parking space. The term ”repairing the car” is often used but it actually means that one should keep their car in drivable and movable and not to perform major repairs, bigger maintenance jobs or so on the spot. I think you can interpret it as if you can do the job in one day without causing much disturbance, it’s fine. I’ve changed brake pads and rotors, adjusted handbrake, changed muffler brackets etc.

Reactions: ICE5891