Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small Steering Wheel Indicator On Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Radlaw

Charles
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2018
San Diego California
The steering wheel indicator, which turns blue on the upper left of the screen when AP is on, is extremely small and hard to see, especially for us old-timers. It use to be much larger and a quick look at the screen would let you know immediately whether you are in AP mode. Now I have to squint for a second or two to be sure. This may be dangerous. Why did they do that? Don't they realize some of us drivers are over 50? And please don't anybody say I should know whether I'm in AP mode or not without having to look!

The steering wheel indicator, which turns blue on the upper left of the screen when AP is on, is extremely small and hard to see, especially for us old-timers. It use to be much larger and a quick look at the screen would let you know immediately whether you are in AP mode. Now I have to squint for a second or two to be sure. This may be dangerous. Why did they do that? Don't they realize some of us drivers are over 50? And please don't anybody say I should know whether I'm in AP mode or not without having to look!
I agree with this, way to much screen real-estate is dedicated to stuff that could be smaller, Making more relevant info larger would be helpful. Even better, give folks a choice on what to scale up or down.

Are you looking at the very small "steering wheel" in the upper left corner of your screen? It goes from gray to blue when AP is activated.
When AP is activated yes, but with just plain TACC it doesn’t appear to change.

The other visual indicator for AP is the lane markers turning blue, which should be easier to see.

The iconography for driver assist functions is a mess right now. TACC, AP, NOA and FSD beta all have different symbology located in different places on the display. A casual driver, say using a rental car would be totally lost on the symbology.

Tesla should put some thought into unifying this into a single intuitive set of indicators.

And speaking of steering wheel icons...

Why put the steering wheel heater icon near the bottom of the v11 Climate Controls screen?
Why not make the Climate Controls screen's steering wheel graphic behave as a button (like it does in the iOS app)?

Reactions: M1tch
And speaking of steering wheel icons...

Why put the steering wheel heater icon near the bottom of the v11 Climate Controls screen?
Why not make the Climate Controls screen's steering wheel graphic behave as a button (like it does in the iOS app)?
Use the voice command. Refusal to learn new ways of doing things is a poor reason for a company to do what you want.

Hell, When I want to stop at a light, instead of my foot, I use the stalk. I double tap the stalk when I lights turning red so AP can stop for me.

Learn.

• Disagree
Reactions: Scelto