TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Small-town EV exposure...

Discussion in 'News' started by Mayhemm, May 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Just wanted to let everyone know that my Model S (and its handsome driver :wink:) were the subject of a small article in our local newspaper this morning. Overall, a very EV-positive article with no spin. A nice change from some of the larger news outlets. Enjoy!

View attachment Reminder Article (May 26 2014).pdf

2. iadbound

iadbound Member

Congrats! Great article.

3. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

Well done!

4. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Good Stuff...grass roots articles like this are very important to educating the public about the EV initiative!

5. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

"Sports car!"

"No, luxury sedan!"

"No, 4 door family sedan!"

"Tastes great!"

"Less filling!"

Overall good article! I especially like that the Model S takes even less than 3 days to fully charge!

6. ThosEM

ThosEM Space Weatherman

"Takes even less time to charge from a stove or dryer outlet." LOL! People have NO idea how much energy they use in their gas powered vehicles. I find folks expressing concerns about their electric bills, so I assure them that a complete fill up is comparable in price to a couple of gallons of gas, kind of like getting gas for your lawn mower. Meanwhile, your gasoline bill disappears!

7. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

Nice article, Mayhemm.

"When Harrower starts the car, it produces only a mild whine from the turbine in the rear." The writer believes turbines are the future, I guess? :biggrin:

8. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Yeah. I mentioned to him that this wasn't quite accurate.

I imagined people reading it and thinking I was driving the Batmobile or something.

9. Takumi

Takumi Member

Well, you kinda are. Wasn't the batmobile's sound based on the Roadster?

10. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Supporting Member

Cool article, but not exactly factually on-point. Although very fast and high-performance, don't know if I'd call the Model S a "sports car" and I'd hardly call 245-width tires "skinny." :smile: Also, wasn't aware there was a "turbine in the rear." Other than that, good read. Thanks for sharing.