Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smaller frunk in redesign?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my S70 (RWD) with the redesigned front. The front trunk looks significantly smaller than all the pictures I'm seeing online; my understanding was that the AWD ones had a fairly small frunk but the RWD ones had a larger one. Here's what mine looks like as an RWD... are the AWD ones even smaller now, or are they just cutting off space for the RWD ones to match?
IMG_1471 (1).JPG
IMG_1473.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Lon12
I didn't get the air filter package, so that's weird that they would block it off like that.

We've been told that all post refresh cars have the same frunk size, regardless of configuration, which appears to be correct from your post.

It simplifies production, but in your case it probably means some significant empty space you can't use under the hood.

for roadtrips to Europe I would have really liked the larger Frunk - the more cargospace the better. I'm very surprised that Elon would ok a change something that would make the car worse!
I wonder if some after-market body shop could re-instate it! If it's just a big hole behind there!!!!

We've been told that all post refresh cars have the same frunk size, regardless of configuration, which appears to be correct from your post.

It simplifies production, but in your case it probably means some significant empty space you can't use under the hood.

Ugh, that's dumb. I would definitely have considered a RWD car again just to get the bigger frunk; now I guess there's one less reason NOT to order AWD (which might be the point).

Ugh, that's dumb. I would definitely have considered a RWD car again just to get the bigger frunk; now I guess there's one less reason NOT to order AWD (which might be the point).

Me too - when I thought I was buying an S, I was seriously considering a rwd car because of the bigger frunk.

Then I got to test drive an X and it became moot for me - after a couple months with no word, I finally got my VIN this week!!! I might be a little excited. :)

Reactions: ModelX