Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Air Suspension and motor noise

Will you buy another Tesla in Hong Kong without the tax rebate

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sent my vehicle (P85+ Model S) to service centre on 28/2. Picked up the vehicle 3 days afterwards. 5 mins after leaving service centre, left front tyre reported to be low on pressure. Pumped it up and problem went away.

Upon delivering my vehicle to service centre, i specifically mentioned about the warning light (Smart Air Suspension). They said they would handle it. Guess what, after the tyre pressure was fixed, the warning light came back on again.

Wrote several emails to SupportApac and finally got someone returned my call (in fact i called them first). They scheduled my car in for checking on 8th April. Hopefully this time they will get it right. By the way, i demanded for a loan car, and hopefully will have it.

Also, during low speed with acceleration pressed, there is vvvvvv noise coming from the back, appears to be coming from the motor.

48000 km (just over 2 years old), and wonder what will happen next.

With tax rebate abolished (almost), will you buy another Tesla ?

Hi nghktom,
The noise clearly from motor and I have same issue and km mileages as yours. My MS already back to service center for motor replacement. Hope yours MS is dual motor rather than my single motor (which I need to wait three months for motor shipping).
:)

• Love
Reactions: nghktom
I have the same issue with my S. The motor started developing a low whining sound during acceleration at the time when the odometer clocked 30k km. At a certain point (around 80kmh and above) the noise goes away. Had service center look at it a couple of times but they couldn't fix it. Now waiting for shipment of a replacement motor.

I have the same issue with my S. The motor started developing a low whining sound during acceleration at the time when the odometer clocked 30k km. At a certain point (around 80kmh and above) the noise goes away. Had service center look at it a couple of times but they couldn't fix it. Now waiting for shipment of a replacement motor.
Hi nghktom,
The noise clearly from motor and I have same issue and km mileages as yours. My MS already back to service center for motor replacement. Hope yours MS is dual motor rather than my single motor (which I need to wait three months for motor shipping).
:)

Thanks Lerxt. i am pretty sure that my motor needs to be replaced. I took my car in today. Got a loan car, and guess what, the loan car had around 50K mileage, and the noise is worse than my own car. Please advise how long does it take for your motor to be replaced once it arrived in Hong Kong

Called Tesla after 2 weeks with my car in the service centre. The car is "fixed" and can be picked up tomorrow. However, this is only a temp fix, and Control unit for smart air suspension as well as a new motor are on back order. Expected arrival in 2 months time. Until then, i will be driving my tesla with potential smart air suspension problem and listen to the annoying motor noise.