Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Air Suspension VS Coil over Spring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As one more data point, I have the air suspension. I often park at fairly high curbs and there is a fairly steeply angled access to my condominium parking garage. I have never adjusted the height after my first day experimentation, but i have never scraped anywhere, although I do sometimes see the odd ice car scrape. Thus the variable height really has not yet been a factor for me. I do prefer the air suspension feel to that of the coils but I'd probably not buy it again simply to reduce complexity and cost.

As one more data point, I have the air suspension. I often park at fairly high curbs and there is a fairly steeply angled access to my condominium parking garage. I have never adjusted the height after my first day experimentation, but i have never scraped anywhere, although I do sometimes see the odd ice car scrape. Thus the variable height really has not yet been a factor for me. I do prefer the air suspension feel to that of the coils but I'd probably not buy it again simply to reduce complexity and cost.

The complexity is one of my concerns with air suspension, also; if you plan to keep the car for a long time (>10 years), it seems like it is one more very expensive thing to break.