Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Centres Future Superchargers in Ontario, BC and Saskatchewan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today in the local paper in Owen Sound, Owen Sound Sun Times, there was an article about the new Tesla Superchargers being built here. They cited the SmartCentres spokeswoman, named Sandra Kaiser who stated that SmartCentres had installed Tesla chargers also in Cambridge, Barrie, Sudbury and Mascouche, Quebec. The really interesting part is that the article stated that “Confirmed Future SmartCentre locations are in Mississauga, Woodbridge,Vaughan, Brockville, Salmon Arm, BC, and Regina, Sask”.

Sorry don’t have a link, but the paper does have a web site. However when I go there the article is not on the site. Here is a photo of the article.
DED30C60-A485-47AD-AAFD-FCF27AA015BC.jpeg

Future sites in Woodbridge and Vaughan? I don’t think Wodbridge has been announced. That would be a lot of SuperChargers in that area: Concord, Vaughan and Woodbridge. I wonder if that as meant to read “ the Woodbridge SmartCentre in Vaughan?”

Most of these locations we can deduce the location pretty easily, just based on proximity to main highways.

Regina - 2150 Prince of Wales Drive
Mississauga - 3155 Argentina Road
Brockville - 1942 Parkdale Avenue
Woodbridge - 3900 Highway 7

Of course this is all just speculation, but these locations make the most sense based on travel convenience.
Let's keep an eye on these spots over the next few months.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1319.PNG
    IMG_1319.PNG
    142.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1321.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I think you are correct and that this will be the Meadowvale site. They could put the other Miss site and a more central location like Square One.

The one that puzzles me a bit is the scheduled one for Strathroy (which is great for me) but there is nothing planned between Woodstock and Comber along the 401.

I travel to Michigan a lot (mabye 10 times a year) and I always go 401-402-I 94 and I 696. The choices for SC are amazing (Cambridge - Woodstock - Strathroy? - Port Huron - Roseville).

However, if you are going to Windsor, there is nothing in between Woodstock and Comber so it seems like we could use ones smack in the middle or maybe one in London (along Wellington - but that might be too close to Woodstock).

Reactions: karpetkutter
I agree and I have posted before that SW Ontario is the most underserved area of Ontario/Quebec. If you look at the Windsor - Quebec City corridor the Comber to Woodstock stretch is clearly the longest stretch between SuperChargers.

And the City of London will be the largest city in the country without a Supercharger once the currently scheduled ones are built.

Winnipeg is on the coming soon list. London is not. Halifax is also on the coming soon list. I said London will be the largest city, meaning after the currently announced build out is completed.
Okay but Strathroy is <40 kilometres away from London and is also on the coming soon list. Woodstock is <50km from London and already exists. And LOL at treating the coming soon map as anything other than aspirational. It is not based in reality.

Okay but Strathroy is <40 kilometres away from London and is also on the coming soon list. Woodstock is <50km from London and already exists. And LOL at treating the coming soon map as anything other than aspirational. It is not based in reality.
What you say is true for highway travellers, although Strathroy isn't convenient if you are on the 401 rather than the 402. That means that you have less flexiblity and pretty much have to stop at Woodstock and Comber (at least in the witner) - farther east on the 401/MCF you can skip an SC or two if you want as there is pretty much an SC every 100 km from Cambridge to Quebec City.

But when I talk about London being the largest city with no SCs I am getting at the lack of urban SCs as Tesla is now building out urban SCs to facilitate EVs for folks that may not have the option of charging at home. London is currently rather lacking when it comes to EV charging as I have found out when I have visited.

Reactions: Struja
What you say is true for highway travellers, although Strathroy isn't convenient if you are on the 401 rather than the 402. That means that you have less flexiblity and pretty much have to stop at Woodstock and Comber (at least in the witner) - farther east on the 401/MCF you can skip an SC or two if you want as there is pretty much an SC every 100 km from Cambridge to Quebec City.

But when I talk about London being the largest city with no SCs I am getting at the lack of urban SCs as Tesla is now building out urban SCs to facilitate EVs for folks that may not have the option of charging at home. London is currently rather lacking when it comes to EV charging as I have found out when I have visited.
Totally agree. London seems to be lagging in all kinds of charging options.

Reactions: karpetkutter