Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart meter "not commissioned"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've had a response from Octopus who have now said they need to swap out the smart meter but they have no appointments in my area in the upcoming months. I guess it makes more sense to switch to a different supplier with a cheaper flat tariff and wait for the new supplier to switch the meters if thats whats required.

Yeah the octopus flat tariff is a bit eyewatering.. was on it for a few months.. should have switched a lot earlier.

Yorkshire energy are quite good. They don't even do smart meters so no complications on that front, and you can switch back when octopus start doing smart meters again.

Worth moving to the tracker tariff in in inteim, until your smart metersare sorted out.

I've had an email from them this morning saying I'm ready to switch to Agile, despite them emailing two days ago saying they need to come and swap the meter (the 3rd visit). When I look at my account, there's 3 days' data, 30th-1st. Is that normal? How recent is the most recent data everyone else can see? It looks like mine worked for 3 days and stopped again.

I'm in the same boat. Had smart meter installed 30/09 with bulb. A week later I requested the switch to Octopus (Which takes 14 days). They are getting my gas meter readings every 30 minutes, but supposedly nothing from the electric, as bulb didnt register it??? So still waiting (3 weeks now) for them to register or whatever they need to do. They have pictures of the meter, with the number etc so not sure why it is taking so long. Also the last meter reading bulb handed over was from the old meter not the new, even though it was 3 weeks later, so that is causing confusion as well. On tracker at the moment. Doesn't both meters connect via the one (electric ) meter to send the readings??

I'm in the same boat. Had smart meter installed 30/09 with bulb. A week later I requested the switch to Octopus (Which takes 14 days). They are getting my gas meter readings every 30 minutes, but supposedly nothing from the electric, as bulb didnt register it??? So still waiting (3 weeks now) for them to register or whatever they need to do. They have pictures of the meter, with the number etc so not sure why it is taking so long. Also the last meter reading bulb handed over was from the old meter not the new, even though it was 3 weeks later, so that is causing confusion as well. On tracker at the moment. Doesn't both meters connect via the one (electric ) meter to send the readings??

I moved from Bulb to Octopus. This was just before lock down 1. It turned out that Bulb never properly registered the smart meters and Octopus only just sorted it last week. Hopefully yours will be sorted more quickly! It required a visit from their 'engineer'. The most useful thing he did was push my account up the management ladder to somebody who could actually sort out the administrative issues with meter registration!

The display unit bulb supplied doesn't seam to show the different tariffs. Octopus tell me I am on the go tarrif now but the meter display seams to still calculate cost of electricity on one flat rate. Does anyone know if the display units are specific to the provider or if they should update to show the new providers rates?