Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon 2019.20.0.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
89710496-4CC9-4C58-9783-FD8EE6102584.jpeg

This is like a double kick in the nuts today:

1. Confirmation that early FSD buyers are never getting early access invites,
2. A new build going out to early access members with the feature I've been waiting for, for so damned long.

Yeah, my buddy got an invite to Early access due to FSD purchase. Why he got it and not me (bought much earlier) who knows, maybe based on miles driven and autopilot usage. But the invites are going out.

The world is on fire, nothing is what it seems, save yourselves!!! LOL!
It's an update that 4 people have. This is much ado about nothing. We'll get FSD when we get it, but until then, your still driving the best care on the road. Drove an ICE car today, one I used to like to drive, but now it just felt sloppy.
You are right of course:
Tesla makes great EVs. Fast, efficient, safe, continues update surprises. That is good enough for me. Fun cars.
It would be sooooo much better though if this silly man on top would stop promising all those silly things that he is never living up to, any time soon. FSD truly may never happen, don’t forget it was supposed to be demoed five years ago.

got to have a lot of faith in the cars ability to use advanced summon... honestly if it takes longer to use that it would to walk to the car what’s the point. Parlor Trick....

I think a better use case for this is if you are with elderly family members. Easier to just have them wait while to car pulls up to the curb than have them walk all over the parking lot. As gimmicky as it is there are some scenarios where it will be useful.