Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon 2019.20.0.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you really trust this system if the car is far away and you can't see the surroundings clearly?

I would. I would trust it more than some kid making minimum wage at a valet who just got his hands on a nice car. Latest data shows AP is currently 2x as safe as human drivers and that's only getting better. Plus future versions will let you watch the car's eyes though your app.

I would. I would trust it more than some kid making minimum wage at a valet who just got his hands on a nice car. Latest data shows AP is currently 2x as safe as human drivers and that's only getting better. Plus future versions will let you watch the car's eyes though your app.

I use AP and NoAP everyday and love it, but no way would I trust the car to handle a parking lot or drive without my close supervision. Until Tesla gets FSD working to the point where they’re confident enough to take on liability, I’m not putting my financial life and other people’s property (and potentially their well being/lives in a worst case scenario) in my car’s hands.

Reactions: jrad6515 and BCNY
Unfortunately Tesla has incentives not to enforce the NDA. I was helping a friend with a purchase, and he thought smart summon was a widely released feature already because he had seen the videos on YouTube.
Obviously if you posted a video of smart summon running someone over they would enforce the NDA. The NDA just keeps all the videos positive. Personally, I'm looking forward to the Costco parking lot videos!

Reactions: PaulJohn and TT97
Given Smart Summon is probably >1mo away from wide release, wouldn't that just piss off anyone who buys a car and doesn't get that stuff?

Well, according to tesla.com, the feature has been available since March.;)

fsd.jpg

I use AP and NoAP everyday and love it, but no way would I trust the car to handle a parking lot or drive without my close supervision. Until Tesla gets FSD working to the point where they’re confident enough to take on liability, I’m not putting my financial life and other people’s property (and potentially their well being/lives in a worst case scenario) in my car’s hands.
Well, according to tesla.com, the feature has been available since March.;)

View attachment 416725

This. Isn't this false advertisement? Selling a product and not delivering?

Drove it last night. Only release note was improved dog mode. While driving I noticed that parked cars don’t pop up as much next to my car on display as I’m driving by as they did in 16.2. Also a little weird glitch where the lane to the left of me didn’t pop up on the screen to show it as available to ALC into if I was on AP on a road where it always popped up before. Haven’t tried it on the freeway yet.