Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that since having FSD installed in my Model 3, neither the Smart Summon nor the Self Park features work. It is frustrating dealing with the folks at the Tesla Service Center in Eatonville, Florida to get the issue resolved. I can’t even get my car into the location on appointment. They say the have to do an online diagnosis to figure out what’s wrong before they set up an appointment to bring it it because it may require parts that they don’t have and may have to order. And of course the diagnosis will take some time to do. It appears that their goal is to beat you down into frustration and get you to give up. This is the only service location in this entire region and they are clearly understaffed and backlogged.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Just got my Model 3 LR with FSD. Summon isn't on mine either or on the app.....Also i seen something called "madmax" mode for FSD and mine doesn't have that option either

Since you "just got" yours, did the camera calibration finish its job so that you can use the Autopilot fine?

The "Mad Max" is buried inside the menu for Navigation of Autopilot. You need to click its customization in order to see it.

Please show me a picture of your Autopilot menu.

Reactions: K5TRX
Since you "just got" yours, did the camera calibration finish its job so that you can use the Autopilot fine?

The "Mad Max" is buried inside the menu for Navigation of Autopilot. You need to click its customization in order to see it.

Please show me a picture of your Autopilot menu.

Attachments

• 20220101_225648.jpg
    20220101_225648.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220101_225620.jpg
    20220101_225620.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 55
@casey3309

Your Autopilot menu shows that you have standard Autopilot features and it's lacking FSD features on that screen.

Would you please also show a picture of your Software menu to confirm whether you bought it or not?

Last edited:
Tesla's confusing FSD terms:

• FSD hardware = HDW3/FSD1 computer is the computer in the car.
  • FSD Capability Package: Is the software package to add driving features (including Summon).
  • FSD Beta: Is the Full Self Driving Beta software being tested by a few 1000 drivers that also requires FSD Capability and a Tesla approved driving Safety Score.

Nevermind. I just seen on the app where I can upgrade for boost or FSD 199.00 OR 10,000.00......nope! Autopilot is plenty!
Very helpful picture. Thanks for your cooperation. You are correct. The picture says the feature that's included is "Autopilot", and not FSD and as you just found out that would cost $199/month or $10,000 once.