Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon Home Screen “COME TO ME” Button?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with an Android phone seen the "Come to Me" button?
Yes, I saw it yesterday on my Pixel 3 but I chose the pindrop method by going into the Summon menu instead (since people seem to be having better luck with that). As others have said, make sure you put Summon in standby mode in the car menu and the button should show up.

In the Tesla Smart Summon video, there is a quick shot of the app home screen in which there is both a "COME TO ME" button and what appears to be a visualization of what the car is sensing in terms of obstructions.

However, this button does not appear on my app, though at least once while doing a summon I think I somehow got the visualization to flash on the screen for a moment. It may have happened when I swiped back to the home screen while doing a Smart Summon, but I'm not sure.

View attachment 459853

Has anyone else gotten the button or visualization to appear? Is there some secret sauce?
Not quite, but you put me on the right track, so TYVM.

The full solution is that the COME TO ME Home Screen button will only appear if the Summon STANDBY feature has been activated. But curiously, that feature has an option to exclude locations like Home, but the COME TO ME button is still available at excluded locations - and it still works!

Seems like a bug to me. Either COME TO ME is not affected by STANDBY status, or the STANDBY exclude feature doesn't work.

IMHO, the home screen button should always appear, with a relevant label, such as COME TO ME or PREPARE TO SUMMON (if in fact the car needs to be in STANDBY)
I had the same issue where I had to activate standby mode first before the come to me button was enabled.

I had ‘come to me’ all the time and ‘standby’ was also activated of course. Note there is a distance limit on it (20 M/60 feet?). Saw this at the SC when Tesla was driving the car around and parking it closer to me.

Another note for iOS people. Often available updates will NOT show unless you pull down the App Store update list (and twice). This will search for available updates, and no ideas why twice is often needed. I’ve been doing this for years and forget it may not be common knowledge.

The button seems to only shows up when summon is ready. Try to open regular summon menu, then once it's ready, go back to the main page.
This is kind of annoying and poor UI. That's how I get it to work too. Go to the enhanced summon then go back to the homescreen.

I had to sideload the latest app as I had no way to get it from the app store, even after reinstalling the app store and Tesla app.

Now if there was just some way to notify Tesla that my long driveway isn't a public street it would save me from having to get in and out of my car a few times to open and close Gates.

I have a great user car at home for this feature but it won't work because it detects my house as a public road.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am new here. I find this post helpful because I encounter some display bugs with my app about smart summon.

I am in France and have 2020.40.1 firmware. My app version is 3.10.3 (86b64cd5a). I have following problemes :
1. I don't have the "come to me" on the home screen
2. I still have the old "summon" interface like this :
upload_2020-2-22_15-14-30.png

Whereas I see some people have their summon screen like this :
upload_2020-2-22_15-24-5.png

Which allows people to forward or revers without pressing on the button.

Today I managed to get this screen once, I don't know how, but 5 minutes after, when I tried to do it again, it came back to the old interface. Do you know how to get this configured? What is standby mode? How do I trigger this?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-22_15-24-0.png
    upload_2020-2-22_15-24-0.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 30
Hello everyone, I am new here. I find this post helpful because I encounter some display bugs with my app about smart summon.

I am in France and have 2020.40.1 firmware. My app version is 3.10.3 (86b64cd5a). I have following problemes :
1. I don't have the "come to me" on the home screen
2. I still have the old "summon" interface like this :
View attachment 513829
Whereas I see some people have their summon screen like this :
View attachment 513830

Which allows people to forward or revers without pressing on the button.

Today I managed to get this screen once, I don't know how, but 5 minutes after, when I tried to do it again, it came back to the old interface. Do you know how to get this configured? What is standby mode? How do I trigger this?

Thank you in advance for your answers

And of course I have purchased FSD and I am in HW3.0 confirmed. I only have the smart summon on the summon interface.