Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart summon in the mornings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to do this?
Wake up and enable smart summon so it will open the garage door, pull straight out, close garage door, start AC, lock doors.

It'll be ready for me to come out to goto work.
I wonder if there will be a built in feature or api so we can write simple routines.

Is there a way to do this?
Wake up and enable smart summon so it will open the garage door, pull straight out, close garage door, start AC, lock doors.

It'll be ready for me to come out to goto work.
I wonder if there will be a built in feature or api so we can write simple routines.

I dont think so, but I fail to see how getting in the car outside your garage is appreciably faster than getting into the car inside your garage, with the exceptions of the 30 seconds for the garage door opener. your above "routine" assumes you are parking in the garage, the interior of which is never impacted by weather, while "outside" is.

The above wouldnt be useful unless you were also sending the car out, driverless, to pick up someone across town.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I dont think so, but I fail to see how getting in the car outside your garage is appreciably faster than getting into the car inside your garage, with the exceptions of the 30 seconds for the garage door opener. your above "routine" assumes you are parking in the garage, the interior of which is never impacted by weather, while "outside" is.

The above wouldnt be useful unless you were also sending the car out, driverless, to pick up someone across town.
YES, Amen on that.
And even if it did work, I would not trust it at this point to not destroy my garage door or something else.

If you use a third-party mobile app, you might be able to use something like Siri shortcuts to automate those steps sequentially, but I wouldn’t trust the garage door to open reliably. The Summon part would just be regular Summon, not Smart Summon.

Maybe I’m not understanding, but isn’t the requested list of functions already part of normal (not smart) summon for years now? As long as you set the distance correctly & allow not requiring holding the button, it should with one tap start the car forward (or backward), open the garage door, continue out. I don’t remember if it would close the door for you as well. And because the car is on, I think the HVAC automatically heats/cools to the previously set temp.

Oh yeah, this also requires the HomeLink hardware that used to be included all Tesla’s. Is it an optional thing the service center can add?

Reactions: helvio
I just wanted the car at the front door waiting for instead of the garage. This will be helpful for people with unattached garages. Its like calling a cab and have the car waiting outside for you with the right temperature and music playing. With homelink, it should be doable but sounds like its not a feature available to us end users.

The reverse would be nice too. Have the car park itself into the garage.

Reactions: Microterf
Huh. I got home from mtb biking a while ago, and exited the vehicle and “dumb summon” won’t even back my car to where I normally park it. I attribute this to the bike rack hanging off the back, and the distance betwixt the car/rack and my garage. In fact, I totally blame this on the fact there was a hitch mount bike rack on the back of my MY. ?

Huh. I got home from mtb biking a while ago, and exited the vehicle and “dumb summon” won’t even back my car to where I normally park it. I attribute this to the bike rack hanging off the back, and the distance betwixt the car/rack and my garage. In fact, I totally blame this on the fact there was a hitch mount bike rack on the back of my MY. ?
Yup, same problem here.
It is actually one thing that still annoys me the most.
We bike a lot with the kids and the bike rack is on at least a couple times a week.

I hope that summon switches to relying on camera more then ultrasonic sensors.
The AP1 summon only uses ultrasonic sensors for dumb summon, and I think a lot of that legacy code is still being used on AP2+ cars.