Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else having smart summon issues since the last 2021.24.3 update? Mine worked before updating now the app constantly tries to connect to the car, shows my location, shows my cars location (backwards) then the app freezes. It works 2 times out of 10 now.
move deleted and reinstalled my app and no improvements.

Reactions: Aplus2005
Is anyone else having smart summon issues since the last 2021.24.3 update? Mine worked before updating now the app constantly tries to connect to the car, shows my location, shows my cars location (backwards) then the app freezes. It works 2 times out of 10 now.
Yes. Mine keeps saying Smart summon not available.

Yeah my M3 is on 2021.24.4 and having issues too. Worked 99% of the time before updating. The ONLY time it works now is if I'm at home connected to WiFi, which for obvious reasons is entirely useless. Unless it's willing to stop by my fridge and bring me a beer, but I'll let someone else test that out first 😉

I use summon every day to get my car in & out of my garage from the tight space. It used to work most of the time prior to upgrading to 2021.24.4. Now with 2021.24.4 i have two issues

1) majority of the time it fails to connect to the car. May be one out of 5 times or so it will eventually connect.
2) when it connect, summon in tight spaces won’t even work.

i rely on this feature so much to park both of my cars in the garage and it’s frustrating now to see this feature broken. Wonder how this release even passed testing on this feature.

Reactions: TesslAshanti
I use summon twice or even more every day, to move my M3P in and out of a tight parking spot. It worked 99 percent before 2021.24.4.
Now, it stops 100 cm instead of 20 cm in front of the wall.

PS: Today I tried to (summon)park the car to a straight wall, with back and front.
Both front and back multiple tests stopped the car just 100 centimeters (or 39 inches) "shy" of the wall.

Last edited:
Just googled this and yes. same here
on a model y 2021 24.5

Smart summon doesn't work anymore take forever to load and always says warming up
regular summon still works though at home
Reset the car and still no dice
Debating on whether I should turn on standby summon on lol

I too have been having issues since 24.3 and still issues with 24.10. Just about 30 minutes ago I received 24.11 and I think it resolved the issue. In my garage as it's 1:42 am and raining heavy outside right now so not going to drive somewhere to test it out. However, just having the car parked in my garage it seems to have fixed the Smart Summon issues as now when I press SUMMON option the BIG radius circle is there as well as my blue circle (my location) and the cars location (red triangle). The radius circle and option to have the car drive to me has been absent for the last couple of updates. I closed the app and reopened and it loaded Smart Summon every time so I'm guessing 24.11 has the bug fix. I will try tomorrow at work and report back.

Just googled this and yes. same here
on a model y 2021 24.5

Smart summon doesn't work anymore take forever to load and always says warming up
regular summon still works though at home
Reset the car and still no dice
Debating on whether I should turn on standby summon on lol
Standby Summon DID NOT matter to fix this problem. Just got 24.11 software update tonight on both my 3 and my wife's Y...so far, it seems to have fixed the Smart Summon not working issue.