Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon not working, anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smart Summon has not worked on my refreshed Model S since I took delivery a few months ago. On the app it give the error message "Vision System Temporarily Degraded" or "Cannot Use in Current Location". I brought it to Tesla Service and they had no cure. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone find a fix?

Reactions: CA_Elektra
I've been getting it for a while now. Once in a while, it works, but most of the time it does not. I was hoping to hop on here and see that someone found a fix, but your taking it to the Service Center and they not having a fix for it is disheartening. Just curious, which version firmware are you running? Maybe it's a firmware bug? I'm on 2022.12.3.20.

I've been getting it for a while now. Once in a while, it works, but most of the time it does not. I was hoping to hop on here and see that someone found a fix, but your taking it to the Service Center and they not having a fix for it is disheartening. Just curious, which version firmware are you running? Maybe it's a firmware bug? I'm on 2022.12.3.20.
Same 2022.12.3.20

Reactions: xalthe
I've had that a couple times. Turning off Sentry mode seems to fix it(or maybe just coincidence).
I've had seemingly the same amount of success turning Sentry off.

However, now that I'm thinking about it, I believe that the first time I remember seeing this was shortly after getting the 2022.12.3.20 beta because one of the first things I did was show it off to a friend of mine; he also wanted to see the summon feature at that time and I thought how odd that error message was when it popped up.

I'm also disappointed (just got my Model Y last weekend and the screen seems to flicker between various error messages)

Sometimes it seems like closing and opening the summon screen on the app helps. Sometimes it seems like as long as I'm just 10 feet away it works - but then it's not useful; it's just a party trick. I'll try turning off Sentry Mode later today, and see if that helps at all. My app is saying Version 2022.16.2 - not sure if that's the app version or the software version for the car though...

Does your guys' smart summon do weird stuff like this too? Parked in the spot where this car is, pulled into(not backed int), and my car just kept backing up until I stopped it before it backed into the curb. I was smart summoning to roughly where the X is.
Screenshot 2022-07-06 174332.PNG.jpg

I usually back into the parking spot, so it drives straight out. However, I've had it almost pull out in front of a car in cross traffic at least once. I haven't used summon much lately due to the aforementioned "Vision System Temporarily Degraded" issue. One thing of peculiarity I did notice was that for a split second, the button enables while it's cycling between the error message and "Come to Me" where if I tap it and hold, it does start to move. However, it doesn't seem to follow any decent path to get to me when it does that.

I'm also disappointed (just got my Model Y last weekend and the screen seems to flicker between various error messages)

Sometimes it seems like closing and opening the summon screen on the app helps. Sometimes it seems like as long as I'm just 10 feet away it works - but then it's not useful; it's just a party trick. I'll try turning off Sentry Mode later today, and see if that helps at all. My app is saying Version 2022.16.2 - not sure if that's the app version or the software version for the car though...
Ok. I just tried it by quitting Sentry Mode before going into the Summon screen and it worked great!

If I encounter more trouble now that I'm using this approach I'll head back here to update anyone that might be interested

My model 3 (2018) and my wife’s model Y (2021) are both getting that vision system temporarily disabled message on Smart Summon. Sometimes you can try and push it and the car will start to summon but it usually stops before it gets to you and you have to wind up running to the car so as not to block traffic. My service center played dumb like I was the only case they heard of this happening. I totally think it’s a software bug. I check every day in the App Store to see if there’s a new version out.

I've had seemingly the same amount of success turning Sentry off.

However, now that I'm thinking about it, I believe that the first time I remember seeing this was shortly after getting the 2022.12.3.20 beta because one of the first things I did was show it off to a friend of mine; he also wanted to see the summon feature at that time and I thought how odd that error message was when it popped up.
Wow!! That trick seems to work.
I've had that a couple times. Turning off Sentry mode seems to fix it(or maybe just coincidence).
Wow!! That trick seems to work. Thanks.

Reactions: keha and deadwynter
My model 3 (2018) and my wife’s model Y (2021) are both getting that vision system temporarily disabled message on Smart Summon. Sometimes you can try and push it and the car will start to summon but it usually stops before it gets to you and you have to wind up running to the car so as not to block traffic. My service center played dumb like I was the only case they heard of this happening. I totally think it’s a software bug. I check every day in the App Store to see if there’s a new version out.
Which firmware is your Tesla running? 2022.12.3.20, by chance?

Smart Summon has not worked on my refreshed Model S since I took delivery a few months ago. On the app it give the error message "Vision System Temporarily Degraded" or "Cannot Use in Current Location". I brought it to Tesla Service and they had no cure. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone find a fix?
I have the same exact thing. I did get it to work after I initially purchased Enhanced Autopilot, but not more recently. Could be Sentry mode as I started using it more recently. I'll give that a shot. I have a 2021 Model S LR just updated to 2022.20.6.

This happened to me all the time on my previous refresh S. Summon was "Cannot Use in Current Location" mode literally almost all the time. Really frustrating considering we paid for this LOL. I hope this isn't the case on my new car I will pick up tomorrow : ))