Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon not working for my FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I just received my 2021 Model Y equipped with FSD. I noticed my smart summon does not work....it has never worked. I have just the regular summon (forward and reverse). At Delivery, I was told I'll get all the fsd features via software updates.

I have since reached out to the Tesla service center here in Decatur, GA and they referred me to the manual (very annoying).

I've read the manual, smart summon is pretty straightforward . Pls I need help. Is there anything I'm missing from a settings standpoint?

Hi Guys,

I just received my 2021 Model Y equipped with FSD. I noticed my smart summon does not work....it has never worked. I have just the regular summon (forward and reverse). At Delivery, I was told I'll get all the fsd features via software updates.

I have since reached out to the Tesla service center here in Decatur, GA and they referred me to the manual (very annoying).

I've read the manual, smart summon is pretty straightforward . Pls I need help. Is there anything I'm missing from a settings standpoint?
Im having the same problem just received model y on Friday with fsd and there is no smart summon nor a autopark for me.

Fwiw you aren’t missing much. It’s scary as hell to use in a parking lot with cars in it and it doesn’t have a long enough range to be practical even if it worked perfectly. The few times I’ve toyed with it have been pretty bad and ended up with me aborting and walking out to move my car out of the middle of the lot. I know it’s frustrating to pay for something and not get it, but just letting you know based on my experience it just isn’t ready. I know the majority of their efforts are devoted to FSD dev - probably not smart summon.

Fwiw you aren’t missing much. It’s scary as hell to use in a parking lot with cars in it and it doesn’t have a long enough range to be practical even if it worked perfectly. The few times I’ve toyed with it have been pretty bad and ended up with me aborting and walking out to move my car out of the middle of the lot. I know it’s frustrating to pay for something and not get it, but just letting you know based on my experience it just isn’t ready. I know the majority of their efforts are devoted to FSD dev - probably not smart summon.
It's depends on the parking lot. I've used it several times at the office and it's fine. But it's more of a party trick than any real use anyway. If the car is so far away that walking to it is difficult then it's so far away that I can't see it well enough to use smart summon. Once they have it at a point that it can be trusted to operate without monitoring AND it can also go park itself, it will be a great feature. For now, it's just another fart generator. Fun to show people but not any real use.

The regular summon, forward and back, is actually pretty useful fairly often. Someone parked too close and those wide Model Y doors can't open enough for you to fit in? Summon. Need to back into a spot but it's a short spot and not enough room to open the tailgate? Summon. Useful. There are plenty of other examples.

I find summon pretty useless. It is very erratic in preformance. Sometmes it will successfully back out of the garage, other times it keeps dropping connections and restarting my phone does not help. This lack of consistency is very annoying. I bought the X in June 2018. Smart summon does show up at times but it is just as buggy. An awful feature.

• Funny
Reactions: Saxgod