Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon Not Working with the Refreshed S

FunSecured

Sep 7, 2019
Laguna Beach
I have a Refreshed S Long Range and I’ve noticed Smart Summon consistently is not working, despite it having worked at the very same locations on my older 2018S.

Has anyone been having similar experience/difficulty getting smart summon feature to actually engage on the Refreshed S?

Reactions: Aplus2005

KyleDay

Oct 29, 2016
AZ
What happens when you try? Have you driven enough miles to calibrate smart summon? It takes more than just calibrating autopilot does. If you look at the Autopilot menu in the car settings screen it may tell you it’s still calibrating.

• Informative
Reactions: Aplus2005

Aplus2005

MSLR Ordered: 4/18, Red, Cream/Wood, Arachnids,FSD
May 31, 2021
Tampa, FL
I have a Refreshed S Long Range and I’ve noticed Smart Summon consistently is not working, despite it having worked at the very same locations on my older 2018S.

Has anyone been having similar experience/difficulty getting smart summon feature to actually engage on the Refreshed S?
Same here. Long Range Refreshed S. It tells me that Smart Summon not available.

Reactions: NaughtyGarfiel

Aplus2005

May 31, 2021
Tampa, FL
What happens when you try? Have you driven enough miles to calibrate smart summon? It takes more than just calibrating autopilot does. If you look at the Autopilot menu in the car settings screen it may tell you it’s still calibrating.
I'm at like 400 miles. How much does it typically take to calibrate everything? The other AutoPilot items work. I did get a front end PFF but again the other FSD functions seem to be working fine.

Aplus2005

May 31, 2021
Tampa, FL
It worked! I had to move it a little in regular summon and then I was able to do smart summon! Very cool.

Starch Wreck

Jun 4, 2021
Washington
This is really annoying. Smart Summon worked fine for me up to 2 weeks ago. It’s stupid I have to move a little and then zoom in and redraw my summon line. By that point I feel like a moron standing around playing with my phone when I could have been to the car and driving away by the time smart summon wants to kick in.

JADCa

Mar 5, 2018
California
Smart summons worked in my 3p, but never has in my new LR. Any solutions yet? Can never connect to car, but regular summons does work. I had hoped the new app and/or new software would fix it, but it is still the same as always.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC