Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Smart' summon NOT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my MY on Feb.17, 2021.
I really like the car and features, but I don't think 'smart summon' is ready for prime time. I've tried it twice at the grocery store...
The first time, it pulled out of its parking spot at the other side of the lot, drove toward the store entrance, but pulled partially into a disable parking spot across from the entrance and stopped. So I had to push my cart across the street to reach the car.
Today, I tried the same setup - the car pulled out of its spot, but then turned the opposite direction. It drove out into a main corridor, then stopped diagonally in the corridor and refused to go any further. I had to walk across the entire lot to retrieve it. Fortunately there was little traffic on Sunday morning or I would have had angry people being blocked.
I think I'll wait for an update before trying it again.
I suspect the Tesla team is busy with FSD so smart summon may not be a priority for improvements.

Just got my MY on Feb.17, 2021.
I really like the car and features, but I don't think 'smart summon' is ready for prime time. I've tried it twice at the grocery store...
The first time, it pulled out of its parking spot at the other side of the lot, drove toward the store entrance, but pulled partially into a disable parking spot across from the entrance and stopped. So I had to push my cart across the street to reach the car.
Today, I tried the same setup - the car pulled out of its spot, but then turned the opposite direction. It drove out into a main corridor, then stopped diagonally in the corridor and refused to go any further. I had to walk across the entire lot to retrieve it. Fortunately there was little traffic on Sunday morning or I would have had angry people being blocked.
I think I'll wait for an update before trying it again.
I suspect the Tesla team is busy with FSD so smart summon may not be a priority for improvements.

Welcome to Tesla!

• Funny
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.