Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon Problem 2021 Model 3

rperel1944

Mar 24, 2021
memphis
I have a week old Model 3 and am having all sorts of issues with smart summon. First when I tried to summon it from the end of my driveway (20 ft away) to me it tried to back out away from me instead of coming forward to me. I thought is might have been a confused GPS but today (3 days later) I parked in a spot about 100 ft. from the entrance to a hospital. When I smart summoned it the car went in the opposite direction from me. I though it was going around a traffic circle but it stopped maybe 600 ft away in the middle of the street and I had to walk to it. What can I do to try to diagnose this? In both cases the blue and red dots were correctly located on the app. Thanks.

boiler81

Feb 22, 2016
Manson, WA
I think most folks after trying Smart Summons for a few times, come to the conclusion that it's not a reliably or fully functional feature, and don't use it anymore.

Maybe this will change with FSD, but it seems Tesla hasn't updated Smart Summons since it was released in it's current form.

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
I think most folks after trying Smart Summons for a few times, come to the conclusion that it's not a reliably or fully functional feature, and don't use it anymore.

Maybe this will change with FSD, but it seems Tesla hasn't updated Smart Summons since it was released in it's current form.
Yeah, seems like all Tesla's software development is focused on getting the City Streets function out first (as that is promised for this year). Afterwards maybe they might work on Smart Summons (although their attention might instead focus on trying to get FSD closer to L4/L5).

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC