Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart summon problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the EAP option on my AWD model 3. Every time I try to use smart summon it says “summon not ready”. I’ve tried turning on smart standby as well as a hard reset—no success. I realize from reading on here it’s probably not worth it but just seeing if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this

Have you tried it in different places to see if that makes a difference? Note that it doesn’t like public roads.

Otherwise, I guess I’d put in a service request. Not sure that that will lead to, but it does seem like something is odd with your car. Mine works almost every time, and has not given that error at all.

I had this issue before it was due to failed software download...if u can stomach waiting on Tesla 800 line they may be able to push u an update ..or open service request in app

I have the same bug as you. It doesn’t always happen but when it does, the car is shown as pointing north regardless of its actual orientation in the satellite view.
Try “blipping” just the dumb forward or reverse, only enough to get the car to light up, doesn’t even have to move. Then go and try Smart Summon again. Somehow that will make Smart Summon start working again. I found this by accident a week ago and it’s done the trick every time.

I may be remembering incorrectly, but didn't smart summon require a map update? I would have thought all cars in the fleet would have it by now, but maybe you only get it if you have smart summon unlocked?

I have the same bug as you. It doesn’t always happen but when it does, the car is shown as pointing north regardless of its actual orientation in the satellite view.
Try “blipping” just the dumb forward or reverse, only enough to get the car to light up, doesn’t even have to move. Then go and try Smart Summon again. Somehow that will make Smart Summon start working again. I found this by accident a week ago and it’s done the trick every time.

That worked! Thanks!!