Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

So I’ve RTFM (at least the smart summon part) and searched the threads but am still confused. I have FSD. It seems that every parking lot I think to try Smart Summon, it says something to the effect of “smart summon not available at this location” in the box that you’d normally press. The front and back regular summon works.

I’m wondering if anyone knows the criteria for when smart summon should be available? These are not new locations. Any map data should have them.

2022 MY LR

Thanks!

ps I’m not expecting to be blown away by the feature but I’m supposed to have it and would like to play around with it at least.

I thought there was a range limit, just double checking you’re not too far from your car.
Thanks for the reply. It shows the circle and when I’m out of the circle it gives an error to that effect. Then as I walk inside the circle I get the message I mentioned above.

I guess I’m assuming that smart summon should work within the circle, but maybe that’s not correct.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. It shows the circle and when I’m out of the circle it gives an error to that effect. Then as I walk inside the circle I get the message I mentioned above.

I guess I’m assuming that smart summon should work within the circle, but maybe that’s not correct.
1. Make sure it's not public roads - or that the map data doesn't appear to indicate public roads - where you are trying it.

2. Troubleshoot the app. Do you have another authorized user with app access? Try from their phone. Force close and restart your app or uninstall and retry.

3. Are you trying in an area with a decent LTE connection? Won't work without data.

I've read of quite a few instances of the app causing summon issues.

Reactions: BnGrm
I’m not expecting to be blown away by the feature but I’m supposed to have it and would like to play around with it at least.

Pick an empty parking lot somewhere that doesn't have a lot of cars, curbs or poles. Make sure you are close by and stay in line of sight so you can stop it if necessary. People here have it hit narrow poles in parking lots and curbs that are very close to the car.

I did the same thing with Autopark when I got the MY a couple years ago. Gave up using it when people would honk at me since it was too slow or got too close to other cars for people's comfort zones. Much faster and easier to do it yourself.

I hoping that when the Reverse Summon feature comes out Advanced Summon will be improved as well and actually usable. Would be great to use it in the rain.

Reactions: BnGrm and mcirish
Hi all,

So I’ve RTFM (at least the smart summon part) and searched the threads but am still confused. I have FSD. It seems that every parking lot I think to try Smart Summon, it says something to the effect of “smart summon not available at this location” in the box that you’d normally press. The front and back regular summon works.

I’m wondering if anyone knows the criteria for when smart summon should be available? These are not new locations. Any map data should have them.

2022 MY LR

Thanks!

ps I’m not expecting to be blown away by the feature but I’m supposed to have it and would like to play around with it at least.
Smart summon is very fickle and only sometimes works if you are in an empty parking lot with no people around or in an open field. Ground must be flat with minimal slope, gps coverage must be excellent, and phone signal just as strong.

Reactions: BnGrm