Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon Snafu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Untitled.jpg
I tried to demonstrate smart summon to some friends today. I was standing at the spot labeled "Me"; the car was parked at the spot marked "Car". The red line was the path the car took when I tried to smart summon it.Untitled.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: goldengate
Looks like the car didn't have a valid map of the parking lot available to it. It does seem to honor parking lot lanes when it has that info. There is a way to enter that data into the map database, which seems to help. I don't have the info at hand, but a search should pull it up.

View attachment 591489 I tried to demonstrate smart summon to some friends today. I was standing at the spot labeled "Me"; the car was parked at the spot marked "Car". The red line was the path the car took when I tried to smart summon it.View attachment 591489
What are you trying to do? What is that? Did you have it stop on your side of the curb or was it not? If not, that's the only path via roads that it can take to get the car to the side of the road that you want.
The car will not cut across spots to get to your location.
Make sure your parking lot is mapped in openstreetmaps.

Also making sure you know that smart summon has a range. It might have done the summon correctly if you let it go on the "road" and path to you. You can see the actual path the car is going to take in your app so I don't know what the problem is. If you don't like the path it's taking, make sure or move the destination to someplace easier or correct.

Last edited:
I've used it twice. First time was okay - parked crooked in a wide lane near me but fine. Second time it almost backed into a car trying to do a strange 3 point turn where it wasn't even needed, so I had to stop it. Moral of the story, everything is "normal" when it comes to Smart Summon because it's such a poorly implemented feature.