Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

here (in Germany) a lot of my friends get 'Smart Summon' gifted for a few days to try it out. I personally have not been given the opportunity yet, but was wondering if this is 'standard sales practice' from Telsa? I haven't found any evidence here in the forum that Tesla offered a trail for (special) features in hopes to score a upgrade/sale.

All the best!

Alex

EAP just became a 14 day trial here in UK. EAP has Summon and Smart Summon.

Based upon the feedback, the trial seems to have back fired on Tesla as several potential purchasers have now decided not to. A similar thing seems to have also happened with the recent end Q4 FSD promotion.

EAP just became a 14 day trial here in UK. EAP has Summon and Smart Summon.

Based upon the feedback, the trial seems to have back fired on Tesla as several potential purchasers have now decided not to. A similar thing seems to have also happened with the recent end Q4 FSD promotion.
Wow, can you still buy EAP there? USA only has FSD for sale now, far as I know. It‘d be interesting if they offered a FSD promo here as well, might spring for that.

You won’t be impressed or find it useful....unless you need a party trick.
Since this past holiday season I've been using it consistently in parking lots at shopping plaza's with great success, it has not aborted since I've posted about my smart summon use during "snow storm" in Charlotte.
I do not use it much outside of these parking lots. (except if I need to move a car forward/back in a straight line in my driveway)
And I always use a selected spot (dropped pin) instead of "come to me"
I haven't found any evidence here in the forum that Tesla offered a trail for (special) features in hopes to score a upgrade/sale.
You can always create a service request in the app with the question, and see what Tesla says.

Since this past holiday season I've been using it consistently in parking lots at shopping plaza's with great success, it has not aborted since I've posted about my smart summon use during "snow storm" in Charlotte.
I do not use it much outside of these parking lots. (except if I need to move a car forward/back in a straight line in my driveway)
And I always use a selected spot (dropped pin) instead of "come to me"

You can always create a service request in the app with the question, and see what Tesla says.
at this point tho...unless just to peacock....it is useless. I do believe for some that are disabled or walk at a 90 year old grandpa speed, that it can be useful.