Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summons - cool experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I should not have tried this but.... yesterday I was finishing dinner at a new temporary outdoor patio at a favorite spot. Location has multiple buildings and parking lots - my tesla was parked on the opposite side of the building that we were eating at. The temporary table (outdoor on the entrance patio) was very close (15 feet) from the main "drop off" spot for the Main restaurant. Just for giggles, when we finished dinner, I tried the "Smart Summons", and watched the screen as my car proceeded to drive around the building to where I was in just a minute or so. I couldn't visually see the car for 95% of its drive (I know, my risk here), but it was so cool to be sitting at the table and see the driverless car come around the corner to get us. People at other tables could not believe it either. I told them the car had come form the back lot and everyone was just shaking their head in astonishment! Here is an image of the path my car took to meet me at the front entrance:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.18.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.18.08 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
Maybe I should not have tried this but.... yesterday I was finishing dinner at a new temporary outdoor patio at a favorite spot. Location has multiple buildings and parking lots - my tesla was parked on the opposite side of the building that we were eating at. The temporary table (outdoor on the entrance patio) was very close (15 feet) from the main "drop off" spot for the Main restaurant. Just for giggles, when we finished dinner, I tried the "Smart Summons", and watched the screen as my car proceeded to drive around the building to where I was in just a minute or so. I couldn't visually see the car for 95% of its drive (I know, my risk here), but it was so cool to be sitting at the table and see the driverless car come around the corner to get us. People at other tables could not believe it either. I told them the car had come form the back lot and everyone was just shaking their head in astonishment! Here is an image of the path my car took to meet me at the front entrance:

You win the award for largest and heaviest balls.