Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart summons quit working after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 2019.32.12.3 update my "come to me" button is gone, and smart summons will not work from the summons page of the app. It says "an issue was encountered when reading camera data". I tried scroll wheel reset and top button instrument cluster reset. Has anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191030-180825.png
    Screenshot_20191030-180825.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
Yes, for me it corresponds with message while driving in Instrument Cluster (IC), saying "Blindspot Detection Limited", watch for this. But not just this software version, even before. Smart summons will give this message when all 8 cameras are not happy I think, because it needs those badly, as does lane changing in AutoPilot mode. I had ranger service call weeks ago, and he calibrated all cameras and it failed to solve anything. Going to SC Monday for camera replacement.

(search "Blindspot Detection Limited" in this forum for more info, you are not alone, many had this problem b4 smart summons came available)

old |v2019.32.12.2|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.32.12.3|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

Yes, for me it corresponds with message while driving in Instrument Cluster (IC), saying "Blindspot Detection Limited", watch for this. But not just this software version, even before. Smart summons will give this message when all 8 cameras are not happy I think, because it needs those badly, as does lane changing in AutoPilot mode. I had ranger service call weeks ago, and he calibrated all cameras and it failed to solve anything. Going to SC Monday for camera replacement.

(search "Blindspot Detection Limited" in this forum for more info, you are not alone, many had this problem b4 smart summons came available)

old |v2019.32.12.2|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.32.12.3|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
Occasionally I've seen the blind spot warning, but it's not consistent. Smart summons worked (as best it could) at first, other than smart summons not working now, AP works as good or better than ever. (Navigate on autopilot is working fine too, automatically changing lanes etc) Is it possible that smart summons is using a different set of cameras than AP or navigate on AP?

Occasionally I've seen the blind spot warning, but it's not consistent. Smart summons worked (as best it could) at first, other than smart summons not working now, AP works as good or better than ever. (Navigate on autopilot is working fine too, automatically changing lanes etc) Is it possible that smart summons is using a different set of cameras than AP or navigate on AP?
For me, lane change & smart summons use same camera set, so when this blind spot warning comes, they both fail to act.
Getting a new camera on Monday SC visit I think.

Hi, did you solve your problem? I face the same issue now. Thank you!
Yes! I tried powering the car down today. (As suggested above) and it did solve my problem. It's in the menu under control, vehicle, etc. I'm not near the car at the moment but I did it through the touchscreen and I think it said "power off" it was just underneath a big button for the parking brake or something like that. I didn't really expect it to work, it didn't seem much different than when it's on charge. I pressed power off, shut the door and walked away. A little while later I pulled up the app and it worked like it's supposed to. (I thought I might have had to power it back up by pressing the brake pedal and trying to shift into gear or something) If you need better instructions, I can look at the car later and give you the correct steps and a screenshot, but it's fairly easy to find. Good luck, let me know if it works for you.

Yes! I tried powering the car down today. (As suggested above) and it did solve my problem. It's in the menu under control, vehicle, etc. I'm not near the car at the moment but I did it through the touchscreen and I think it said "power off" it was just underneath a big button for the parking brake or something like that. I didn't really expect it to work, it didn't seem much different than when it's on charge. I pressed power off, shut the door and walked away. A little while later I pulled up the app and it worked like it's supposed to. (I thought I might have had to power it back up by pressing the brake pedal and trying to shift into gear or something) If you need better instructions, I can look at the car later and give you the correct steps and a screenshot, but it's fairly easy to find. Good luck, let me know if it works for you.
Thank you for quick reply!
I un-plugged the hard drive for sentry mode footage for one night, and the problem is solved in the next day. Next time I will definitely try your suggestion which is much easier!