Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SmarTesla vs. Hansshow Powerfrunk?

HeyEph

Mar 22, 2020
Fairport, NY
I was going to buy the Hansshow powerfrunk, when I saw an ad for another version from SmarTesla:

Model Y power lift Electric Frunk
They also have a Black Friday sale (keyden20%off) to get it down to $383 with free shipping. The ad listed these updates to the unit:
127219797_408384957239337_409830332638978655_n.jpg

Has anyone bought this unit from SmarTesla?
How does it compare to the Hansshow unit?

Thanks!

Russell

Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
I don't know how the Hansshow kit compares to the SmarTesla kit, but if anyone is looking to buy one from
Hansshow, here is a 25% off code "russtesla25".

I have the Hansshow frunk kit in my Model S and it works great.

yeemoney

Oct 30, 2017
Milpitas, CA
I don't know how the Hansshow kit compares to the SmarTesla kit, but if anyone is looking to buy one from
Hansshow, here is a 25% off code "russtesla25".

I have the Hansshow frunk kit in my Model S and it works great.

Thanks Russ but your code doesn’t work anymore. Just tried to buy the power frunk from hansshow.

Hoowzer

Sep 22, 2020
SF Bay
For who’s kit?
I believe the same one on this thread - Hansshow

Most recent update:

For Hansshow, with at least 50 in the group buy (which I think we clearly should based on your responses) the discount will be about 30% (roughly $400 usd)

Last edited:

Russell

Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2012
Silicon Valley

MY-Y

Mar 4, 2020
MD
I just installed the Tesla Offer power frunk kit in mine (and the Hansshow rear kick sensor). Both are very nice, and IMO, about the same effort to install,

HeyEph

Mar 22, 2020
Fairport, NY
Oh, man. I received the Hansshow version for my MY for Christmas and was just about ready to install it. The version I have is labeled A.4.3.776 (C-V2). Anyone know if they resolved the issues with this version?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC